Alazan Bayou

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alazan Bayou

Hey was looking for a public land spot to hunt and was wondering if this place would even be worth a shot?

There are some good deer there but like most public land deer they are smart and hunter-wise, especially right now after the draw hunts. Lots of pigs. Lots of beautiful hardwood bottoms. Does are still legal all season.

Comment

What about the national forest by Sam Rayburn. Is all the national forest able to be hunted or just selected parts?

Comment

Originally posted by luna-tuna View Post
        There are some good deer there but like most public land deer they are smart and hunter-wise, especially right now after the draw hunts. Lots of pigs. Lots of beautiful hardwood bottoms. Does are still legal all season.
        Can only shoot does until Nov. 19

Comment

I spent many mornings out there duck hunting, it is a cool place. We would see deer in the bottomland way at the back close to the river.

Comment

Alazan Bayou

You really want to have fun get a canoe and paddle to the Old River tract.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by philipolsen View Post
              Can only shoot does until Nov. 19
              There are special regulations for this WMA that are different from county regs. It specifically states Sept.30 - Jan 7 either sex.

Comment

There are special regulations for this WMA that are different from county regs. It specifically states Sept.30 - Jan 7 either sex.
                That how I read it as well last year, but to be sure I called the managment area to confirm and they told me that county regulations is what you have to follow.

Comment

Philip, I won't argue with you but will say that the guys at headquarters as well as the county game warden have said that the special regulations for a WMA are specific and dedicated to that designated unit and supersede county regulations. The APH book, TPWD website and the information board at all 3 sign-in areas state that either sex may be taken thru Jan 7. Also, past precedence for this WMA for over 20 yrs has allowed the harvest of either sex throughout the season, as long as the unit was open for deer hunting. Until Mr.Adams puts out a notice stating otherwise, I will be following the rules of the APH handbook.
                  Take care.

Comment

Philip, I won't argue with you but will say that the guys at headquarters as well as the county game warden have said that the special regulations for a WMA are specific and dedicated to that designated unit and supersede county regulations. The APH book, TPWD website and the information board at all 3 sign-in areas state that either sex may be taken thru Jan 7. Also, past precedence for this WMA for over 20 yrs has allowed the harvest of either sex throughout the season, as long as the unit was open for deer hunting. Until Mr.Adams puts out a notice stating otherwise, I will be following the rules of the APH handbook.
                    Take care.
                    No, I get you, I'm actually glad to know you have more experience there, last year was the first year I hunted there and reading that you could shoot does all season was one of the main factors that lead me to start hunting there, and I was disappointed when I did call and they told me that wasn't the case. Maybe I just wasn't clear when I asked them or I miss understood what they had told me. I hope to get out there a couple more times this season, and hopefully I can get a doe. My so was fortunate enough to get a big 7 pointer during the youth drawn hunt. Anyways good luck to you out there the rest of the season

Comment

Working...
                    X