No announcement yet.

Select Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freezing at a tourney right now. It's a shame you can't play rec ball anymore and have good kids to field all 9 spots. My kid played tourney team. Played rec ball 1 season and hated it. Back to tourney ball.

Comment

Good programs never have coaches with kids on the teams. I would not have my kid on a team with a parent coaching. We have 3 coaches that all have day jobs and their xtra job is coaching baseball

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
        Good programs never have coaches with kids on the teams. I would not have my kid on a team with a parent coaching. We have 3 coaches that all have day jobs and their xtra job is coaching baseball
        This is not true. I know of plenty of programs and baseball clubs that have some teams coached by dads with kids on the team. Those sons believe me get no special treatment just because dad is the coach and every boy has to earn their right to be at any spot on the field.

Comment

My boy plays 14U select with Texas Sports out of Rockwall. He loves the game!!!

Comment

My son has played since 9u ; he's 15 now. Played in a lot of good organizations. Our team merged with another team this past fall. Seems these teams operate like major businesses. Looking to tryout for a team after high school season.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
              Yes I coach over at Dynasty and we do a WS every year. We won the WS in Sulphur and are headed to Gulf Shores this year and your right they are a blast. We have some teams competing today at the scrapyard in the Super NIT and we are heading to Katy today in just a few minutes.
              You talking about the Governor's Games in Lake Charles/Sulphur? We did that for 3 years at the end of school year. Great baseball experience. Always had great games against Dynasty over the years. Good luck to your team the rest of the year and in Gulf Shores as well!

Comment

My boy plays 10u for the batters box out of brenham. Just got done with 2 miserably cold games in Taylor. Back at it tomorrow and hopefully they play like they did today. It's been really fun, but is a commitment that not everyone is willing to make.

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
                  Daddy ball is becoming a bigger problem every year.
                  So you want your 8 or 10 year old playing on a team with paid coaches? No thanks.

As for "Daddy Ball", I appreciate that time and effort that the "Daddy's" that have coached my son's team as a volunteer have put in and all the crap that they have to put up with from the parents.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                    Pretty sure all coaches in the Texas Rattlers (Flower Mound) system are Dad's. I'd say FM Jags and FM Marcus both have pretty salty High School teams every year including 2014 State Champion and a lot of those boys come from the Rattlers.

Comment

My definition of "daddy ball" is someone who coach's to put there kid or friends kids in positions they shouldn't be in. Usually the kids I'm talking about are the uncoachable ones with the I'm better then you attitude. As far as dad's that coach for the right reasons such as, teaching kids fundamentals, pitching etc and how to act on the field hats off to them. I did it for 6 yrs but just got tired of attitudes and parents. Now me and my son will go out for about 45 min twice a week and do some drills and he goes to his team practice.

Comment

Originally posted by jbarr View Post
                        My definition of "daddy ball" is someone who coach's to put there kid or friends kids in positions they shouldn't be in. Usually the kids I'm talking about are the uncoachable ones with the I'm better then you attitude. As far as dad's that coach for the right reasons such as, teaching kids fundamentals, pitching etc and how to act on the field hats off to them. I did it for 6 yrs but just got tired of attitudes and parents. Now me and my son will go out for about 45 min twice a week and do some drills and he goes to his team practice.
                        I get that I guess but I think a lot of people think their kid is better than they really are an use "Daddy Ball" as an excuse to biatch.

Comment

I never said my kid was better then anyone's, but baseball is a game of statistics and when you have kids with horrible batting avg hitting hitting in front kids that consistently gets on base for example that's daddy ball.

Comment

My son played in dripping springs this morning for his 10U team.

Comment

Originally posted by jbarr View Post
                              I never said my kid was better then anyone's, but baseball is a game of statistics and when you have kids with horrible batting avg hitting hitting in front kids that consistently gets on base for example that's daddy ball.
                              Sorry man...not talking to or about you. Just talking in general.

Comment

No worries bud, but when you are paying 300+ a month for a kid to play baseball that coach should be putting best product on the field. I'll get off my soap box now. Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X