Rossi Youth 223 at 50 yds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rossi Youth 223 at 50 yds

So I have had issues with this single shot Rossi 223 spraying all over the place. Took the scope off and tightened the rail down, and ensured the scope was secure. Not bad at 50 yard. All within 2”. Anyone else had this issue? Wondering if I should try to sell and switch to a bolt action.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Masmak; 07-01-2018, 05:05 PM.

Tried different ammo and bullet weights?

Comment

I had one in 223 also. It was like you mentioned. I initially tried shooting it in at around 65 yards. It would put bullets all over the place. High, low, left and right. It would shoot almost decent for a couple shots then throw one several inches off center. I thought it was the scope so I tried open sights at 30 yards. Same results. So I thought maybe it was the bullet's so I tried two totally different brands and had the same results. I cleaned the gun. Same results.

I didn't wanna pawn the gun off on someone knowing I couldn't get it to shoot right. So I gave it away to my uncle because he wanted to try and work on it to see if he could get it right. That was a few years back and he has yet to actually do anything with the gun.

I'm definitely not a sharp shooter or a gunsmith. Your mileage may vary.
      Last edited by BradBryant1000; 07-01-2018, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Get a new England firearms handy rifle. I've had mine since I was 5, in 223. It will shoot moa at 100 yards with a Simmons scope that has been on it since new.

I can't stand the rossi firearms.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I see you’re located right close to me. If you’d like, shoot me a PM. I can give you a few each of a bunch of different brands and grain weights to try.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
            Tried different ammo and bullet weights?
            This was my first thought too. May just have to play around and find a factory load it likes.

Comment

I’ve always found single shots to have such a stiff trigger and I believe that is why they sometimes aren’t as accurate

Comment

Had one Barnes 55gr was a nail driver.

Comment

Hornady 55gr shoots good out of ours.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

My 243 wont shoot anything over a 55grn with any accuracy.

Hoggslayer

Comment

I gave up on my 223. Tried different loads, even handloads, changed scope, rings & mounts twice still would not group no matter what. I'm like bradbryant1000, didn't want to pawn it off on anyone knowing it was a POS. Tried calling the factory and didn't get an answer, not even an answering machine. Disappointing.

Comment

it may be a loose chamber,,, mike the fired cases and compare to factory ammo

Comment

Also check that swivel on the fore end. It will flex the barrel if it's too tight. Unscrew the swivel and put a loose wrap of tape around the fore end just to keep it from falling off. Try a group. You may be surprised.

Comment

Boat oar

Comment

Mine will do inch and a half groups at 100yds with Remington corelokts.

Comment

Working...
                              X