Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fellow TBH'er killed possible state record????????

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ClearcreekDC View Post
    Clear creek??? ��
    Did I say clear creek? I meant to say rear creek in Johnson county

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
      And then hope you put the Skinny backspin english on em when you shoot one so they don't run two hundred yards onto neighboring property...the neighbor that will call TPWD on you.
      Originally posted by Skinny View Post
      Yep....gotta hold your mouth juuuuust right! [emoji12]

Skinny

Like this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	img745.JPG
Views:	4
Size:	124.0 KB
ID:	24514340

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7446.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	24514341

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koN5hO2Y6wg"]October 11, 2017 - YouTube[/ame]
      Last edited by Smart; 10-11-2017, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
        I tell you what... If jumping to conclusions is ever an Olympic event this site here is going to have the team.

I know Travis well. He’s a close friend though we may go months without speaking. He’s a great person. The kind of person that has a water heater sent to your house on Christmas Eve when yours blows up and your down on your luck and out of cash. The kind of guy that send la you and your wife Bibles in the mail for your anniversary. The kind of guy that walks up to a drunk redneck that’s a foot taller, outweighs him but 100lbs, and is clearly drunk and walks him away from the crowd to talk about God.

I know a lot more about this than I will post but this deer was shot 100% legally on 2 separate occasions by Travis. It’s a HUGE deer and anytime HUGE deer come into play in Texas there is always an investigation. It really bothers me the way TPWD handles these mega deer cases. That’s the first time I’ve heard 271” but it was roughed at 278” the day it was recovered. I hope and pray this technicality gets squared away soon and the deer goes back in Travis’s possession WHERE IT BELONGS.
        This all I need to read, thanks jooger17.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
          If I ever find you I'ma gonna kick your arse!! I've spent 10 minutes tryin to open that dang video...

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            I ain't fallin for them prank video thingys again Jason!! I'm to s m a r t fur that...

Comment

I feel like I've read a book that has no ending. I hope this turns out good for the hunter. Great deer.

Comment

After Travis shot this deer the first time I called my cousin who is a Game Warden and carefully explained the details and asked what should be done. He said it’s a 100% case by case scenario. He had me on speaker phone with his GW buddy in the truck with him. His best advice was to at least put the wardens in the loop and in most cases they will volunteer to assist on the track. All that for this, there isn’t a clear rule that is written and it’s open to a lot of interpretation.
                Originally posted by Michael View Post
                Forgive my ignorance, but is there an official TPWD position on tracking/dispatching a wounded deer after dark? I've never thought about it, but I'm guessing more than a few have had to do the same. I suppose technically, unless specifically stated otherwise, it would be illegal.

Do a search for "humane dispatch" on TBH. Lots of threads have covered the topic. During one such thread someone asked a Grayson co. warden for his position and he took a firm stance against dispatching a deer with a gun in an archery only county.

The moral of the story is there is a defense to prosecution for humanely dispatching a deer outside of a season or legal shooting hours but that doesn't mean a warden won't cite you if this is done. Some are more forgiving than others and - from what I've seen - there is at least one warden up there that is not someone I would ever want to deal with.

Also, didn't mean to suggest this deer was shot with a gun. Only that if a follow up shot had to be taken and the location or time of day came in to question, the gw might have cited him for it because they are known to do that. We are all just guessing at this point, except for one or two that seem to be in the know.

Comment

After Travis shot this deer the first time I called my cousin who is a Game Warden and carefully explained the details and asked what should be done. He said it’s a 100% case by case scenario. He had me on speaker phone with his GW buddy in the truck with him. His best advice was to at least put the wardens in the loop and in most cases they will volunteer to assist on the track. All that for this, there isn’t a clear rule that is written and it’s open to a lot of interpretation.
                  Thats why its always good to make friends with the GW in your area. Get the wife or significant other to bake them goods, have them over in camp for a steak dinner, keep them in the loop when hunting at night or off season, etc.

I knew at least 2 other incidents where pretty much the same thing happened and one got a slap on the hands, and the other missed on a deer of a lifetime since he was told by the GW to let the GW shoot him while he was standing 10 yards away from the deer he wounded.

Comment

Originally posted by boh347 View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      No...not really...that was more like a Jordan Spieth gap wedge backspin shot. I'm talking more like side spin that will curve them closer to the truck so one doesn't have to drag them as far.

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                        I ain't fallin for them prank video thingys again Jason!! I'm to s m a r t fur that...
                        LOL..It's legit. Skinny shot a cull buck outside the pen and it jumped in the feedpen after the shot hence "the english"..

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                          Do a search for "humane dispatch" on TBH. Lots of threads have covered the topic. During one such thread someone asked a Grayson co. warden for his position and he took a firm stance against dispatching a deer with a gun in an archery only county.

The moral of the story is there is a defense to prosecution for humanely dispatching a deer outside of a season or legal shooting hours but that doesn't mean a warden won't cite you if this is done. Some are more forgiving than others and - from what I've seen - there is at least one warden up there that is not someone I would ever want to deal with.

Also, didn't mean to suggest this deer was shot with a gun. Only that if a follow up shot had to be taken and the location or time of day came in to question, the gw might have cited him for it because they are known to do that. We are all just guessing at this point, except for one or two that seem to be in the know.
                          Clear as mud Court

Comment

No...not really...that was more like a Jordan Spieth gap wedge backspin shot. I'm talking more like side spin that will curve them closer to the truck so one doesn't have to drag them as far.
                            It died 10 yards from the feedpen gate...I backed up to it..

Comment

In for story

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X