Good Bow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
    To piggy back on this thread, what does one need to get started in trad. Say I bought a Sage, what else do I need? What kind of arrows? Glove? String?
    Three Rivers Archery can help you choose the right arrows as a beginner. They have everything you need to get started.

Comment

find someone close to help you out.. T.B.O.T. shoots will have folks around that will help.
      for starters. carbons or aluminum arrows to get going. you will have to find out what you will shoot better with as in glove or tab. and shooting style. do some reading it will help alot on what direction you want to go...
      jeffro

Comment

Lots of bows will work, Samic Sage has the name and as you can tell is popular. the same basic bow is offered with other names just different wood used in the riser. You can swap the limbs on a Cabela's Warden with a Sage and shoot away, to me the little larger grip of the Warden is a little more comfortable. The Edge is another that fits that bill. The Cabela's Saberhawk and PSE Honor are another good pair f shooting bows.

A lot of the store brand bows and other bows are the same basic bows with different wood used for the riser and made in the same place with the same limb pockets and in many cases the same limbs just a different name silk screened on the limbs and perhaps in some a different look finished at the ends of the limbs but basically same bow.

Get a bow stringer though for what ever flat limbed bow you buy, twisted limbs are a pain to say the least and a stringer will prevent almost all cases of twisted limbs.

Comment

How close are you to Springtown? I am not selling it but I have a 40lb Bear Kodiak you are welcome to come shoot to try. I have some heavier bows too. I am not selling any of them but you can try a few different weights.

Comment

I am a little over an hour from springtown. I don't know if it would be possible for me to make the trip with work right now. I have a friend who has a recurve and he really likes it and I've shot it a lot, so I have a feel somewhat for what I am looking for. I really appreciate all the replies. I am leaning toward the Sage but may hold off and get it for after season and shoot it for a year before I take it to shoot deer. Maybe put some hogs down first to build my confidence.

What are the higher end recurves that people hunt with? For instance I shoot an Excalibur crossbow and I know that will be the last crossbow I need to buy. I just don't want to buy a bow and out grow it in 6 months and want a different one. What are some good add-ons for the bow?

Comment

Originally posted by CJMO74 View Post
              I am a little over an hour from springtown. I don't know if it would be possible for me to make the trip with work right now. I have a friend who has a recurve and he really likes it and I've shot it a lot, so I have a feel somewhat for what I am looking for. I really appreciate all the replies. I am leaning toward the Sage but may hold off and get it for after season and shoot it for a year before I take it to shoot deer. Maybe put some hogs down first to build my confidence.

What are the higher end recurves that people hunt with? For instance I shoot an Excalibur crossbow and I know that will be the last crossbow I need to buy. I just don't want to buy a bow and out grow it in 6 months and want a different one. What are some good add-ons for the bow?
              I think waiting is a good idea personally. I bought my first recurve in December when I was done hunting. Practiced all of late winter and then through the spring and summer, and was ready to hunt the following fall. That would give you plenty of practice time and build your confidence. As far as high end recurves...Black Widow is popular, but they aren't cheap. I'd shoot one and make sure before you spend that kind of cash.

Comment

Working...
              X