No announcement yet.

How would you bait a mountain lion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never said it's legal, or that I've ever done it. Just it's a way to removed an unwanted predator from the area.

Comment

I would probably use a PETA member.

Comment

The pig pile does work.

Comment

I usually put a treble hook through the tail

Comment

cats tend to kill their food. Not saying they wont eat on a carcass but not the norm. A chicken might work, but a young goat or sheep would probably be best. Look for sign first, as stated, their home range is huge. Look at fence crossings. A state trapper friend of mine caught a lion with a neck snare at a fence crossing. Good luck.

Comment

The coyotes use to be real bad down at my uncles place near Port Aransas.....they took some 4" posts and buried them in the ground and wired a large shark hook to the top of the pole of which they baited with a chicken.....the coyote would jump up and grab the chicken and end up hanging around until they took them off. Kinda sick actually but the coyote population was dented pretty decent by the practice. I would just let the cat be a cat and go on with my hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by Loneaggie View Post
                Bill.... um I'm pretty sure that would be illegal here in TX and many other states. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but poisoning predators is generally against the rules for many reasons.
                I don't think it is here in Texas considering the state trappers do it on a pretty regular basis. What will get you in trouble is if you put out poison and then some neighbor's ankle biting dog comes along and gets ahold of it.

Comment

"put it where you're sure no livestock or dogs can get to the pile."

Comment

1st choice:
                    2 game roosters in cages with food and water placed 5 or 6 feet apart, preferably hanging from a tree limb. At dawn the roosters will begin to crow at each other continuously---be ready.

2nd choice:
                    Baby goat taken off it's mamma and tied up will bleat. Hunt early morning.

3rd choice: maybe not legal and maybe should be 1st choice
                    Illegal alien tied up with NO water, hunt thru hottest part of the day.

Comment

Skunk scent, and lots of it. Those cats loooove them little skunks(like a snickers bar to them!) Oh, and try not to get ANY of it on you(extreme experience may result) please sent pictures, good luck..........hheeere kitty,kitty--

Comment

Working...
                      X