Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looks good

Comment

FINALLY got the wheels and got it home so that I can work on it more! I will update with pics on Thursday but here is what it looks like!
      Attached Files

Comment

Sweet set up but I think that would be a little much for my needs... I am maybe goign to cook for a max of 25 people.....

Comment

Here is a pic of mine

got to love a deflector plat
          Attached Files

Comment

I finally got to work on it some more today and this is what I got. Got the smoke stack (which is going to get cut some) got a propane tank holder and cooker on the front.
            Attached Files

Comment

Nice

Comment

Nice, stack looks good bro. Sure wish I could cut miters on pipe like that, I always end up crooked or wrong angle or something else wrong. I just end up cutting a hole in the top and sliding the pipe down from there, or using square tubing like I did on my last pit.

Comment

^^thanks man! It was kind of a pain but with some rigging and some luck I was able to fit it in the chop saw. Thanks again for the help. Do you think having the top of the opening of the stack being an inch below the grate is low enough? Do you have an idea about how tall the stack should be? It's 4 feet now from the 90.

Comment

Nice going coming along pretty good

Comment

Well worked on it all day today and did not get a whole bunch other than welding a bunch of stuff up. Here is the damper control that I just Have tacked on and need to drill the holes in it. You can kind of see the idea...
                      Attached Files

Comment

Lookin good

Comment

It keeps getting better and better man. To answer your questions, YES, 1" below the grates will be plenty far down. The only goal is to get the smoke to fill up all the way around the meat before it can exit, anything below grate level will serve that purpose. As far as the stack length goes, I don't know all the exact dimensions on your pit, so I can't run the numbers in the caluclator, but just by looking at it with my calibrated eyeball, I'd say 4' up is plenty. Once you get it complete, open all the dampers and valves and start a fire. Run it wide open and see where it likes to run, then try to gate it down. I like to be able to make them run from a little less than 200 degrees all the way up to 400 degrees, never cook anything any hotter than that, so that's all I need. If you can't make it run at 200 degrees, try cutting your stack a bit shorter, if it won't run up to at least 300-350, weld another piece of pipe on to make it longer. I've said this before, but I'm going to say it again, I control my pits as much as possible with the EXHAUST. I want the fire to have as much oxygen as it can consume so it doesn't smolder but burns clean. Sometimes that means I have to gate my exhausts down to run it cooler, and sometimes it means I have to crack the doors open until the fire burns down some, but I try to NEVER shut the air intakes. I build small fires to start off with, then gradually build them bigger until I have the temperature I want.

Comment

Thanks man I really appreciate ALL the help!!! I hope it work ls alright! And I really can't wait to get cooking!

Comment

Looks really good kh!!

Comment

Great work!

Comment

Working...
                                X