No announcement yet.

Deer Processing Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have a link to Mesquitecountry's pan sausage recipe?

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
      Anyone have a link to Mesquitecountry's pan sausage recipe?
      PM me your email, I have it saved.

Edit- Found it.

Comment

I'm in Wise County. How about JR's in Springtown off 199, Bridgeport Guns and Ammo off 380 or Cutting Edge off 1810 Decatur. Anyone used them?

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
          PM me your email, I have it saved.

Edit- Found it.
          http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...ghlight=Recipe

Thank u sir!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Weatherford/ Parker Co. area, Dan's Smoke House on Harwell Lake Rd. Good folks.

Comment

Had bad experiences with place in Brownwood. If someone mentions them I'll comment.

Planning on my own, but sometimes that doesn't work due to time. So between Abilene to Arlington if someone has a good recommendation please provide.

Comment

Avoid Hunters Creek in Liberty Hill. We have a tradition in our family, the person who shoots a deer decides what is made of their deer. Took my son's first deer to Hunters Creek for summer sausage. They messed up the order and gave us link sausage. I understand mix-ups but when the girl was taking my order, she could not have been bothered to pay attention. I even told her I would fill out the form and she very firmly told me she could do it. Obviously, she could not because we were given link sausage. Not a huge deal...to me.

I told Cole about the mixed-up order and he apologized profusely and promised to make it right. He asked that I pay for the order and he simply asked that I pay the balance of my bill in the even I changed my mind. To a degree, I was impressed with his customer service. I shouldn't have been. I called for two years reminding him of his promise to rectify the situation. He never returned a single call. What a chicken sh*t.

Anyway, we cooked up some of his sausage and I must say, it is BY FAR THE WORST sausage I have eaten anywhere. It makes Ekrich taste like a World class product. It was inedible. I gave away all of it and asked for those people to let me know what they thought. Every one of them threw it away or fed it to their dogs. Horrible experience all the way around.

Comment

Kuby's in Dallas/Irving is excellent. Before that I used Cinnamon Creek and there wasn't anything wrong with their stuff either. I tried a new place (a few yrs ago) in Rockwell/Fate and wasn't impressed. If in the Houston area, I've had great jalapeƱo/cheese sausage from Frobergs around Alvin. Seemed like it was pricey but that was several years ago. I've also had stuff made at Hall's in Coleman and it's not bad. Kuby's was the best and most consistent.

Comment

Located near Westhoff, Texas in DeWitt County.

Buesing Processing
                    2226 FM 2816
                    Westhoff, TX 77994

Owner: Chris Buesing

PM me for number....

Comment

Originally posted by dpg481 View Post
                      Po Boys are good people, I have know Steve for many years, and use to have the do all mine until I started my own, and they produce a great product.

Is Po boys still open? I saw on their Facebook page they sold it last fall. I called the phone # today, but no answer and no voicemail.

Comment

Whittakers in Iowa Park is great, bacon jalapeƱo burger is the best, I drive an hour in the opposite direction of home to take them a deer each year

Comment

We used Hudson's the first season my son killed his first deer - 2 nice young does. We really liked their products - the jerky, peppered meat, and sausages. The down side was when we discovered they co-mingle the meat, so it's doubtful you get your deer back. Also, the receiving area in the back of the place smells pretty bad. Subsequently, we read stories here where others told about how they saw them drop their raw venison on the ground, etc. We used Smokey Denmark's last year. They were pretty fast in processing and returning the finished products to you, and their facility is extremely clean. The biggest thing, for me anyway, is that you got your deer back. No co-mingling of the raw venison. I don't think their sausage or jerky tastes as good as Hudson's, but we won't have to worry about that anymore as they are no longer processing wild game (due to high staff turnover).

Regards,

Dave

Comment

Kerrville area-Bernhard meat market

Comment

Sklenarik's Smoked Meats in Miles,Tx..Open year round.Summer sausage,and breakfast sausage the best I've ever had.Be prepared to leave there with their in house marinated chicken breasts,and Ribeyes..I think I spent $1k on chicken breasts alone last year!lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mountaineer View Post
                                Is Po boys still open? I saw on their Facebook page they sold it last fall. I called the phone # today, but no answer and no voicemail.

I know Steve got really sick, so that is very possible. I was thinking his oldest son was stepping up.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X