No announcement yet.

Incident in The Woodlands (punks)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you did the right thing. I would be ****** if I was on the bike or in your situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojo68 View Post
      Put the picture of the SUV on Montgomery County Police Reporter for all to see. Maybe the parents will be embarrassed enough to take some action.

This will gets them lots of attention!

Comment

Houstonhunter, I think you got the right idea. Go have a talk with their parents. And post your story on as much social media as possible. I've been in the cyclist position. Had a beer bottle thrown at me one time. Landed in my rear wheel. My heart rate was already in the 150s. Wouldn't have taken much to be all over that car load of kids if I had caught up to them. I've caught others at stop lights that were afraid to roll down their windows. It was "just leave me alone" response. Well if they would of left me alone, I wouldn't be ready to smash their window out and drag them out of the car. Dang bunch of cowards! I was pretty fit back then riding, running, and swimming all the time, when I wasn't doing resistance training.

Comment

Leave it be.. I HATE the people that ride their bikes on the road causing traffic jambs, not worried about anyone but their selves thinking they own the road and shouldn't have to follow any of the laws including speed limit.. on the other hand hate young punks that think they can drive around throwing stuff out the window at people and honking..

Comment

I agree Randal. I for one am not one of the thoughtless riders of that kind. And have always tried to promote rider/driver friendliness/thogtfullness. Some riders get to caught up in self, just like any other person, including drivers, hunters, fisher people, coworkers, ect, ect.

When it comes down to it, it's about being thoughtful of your fellow human being.

Comment

Originally posted by randal View Post
              Leave it be.. I HATE the people that ride their bikes on the road causing traffic jambs, not worried about anyone but their selves thinking they own the road and shouldn't have to follow any of the laws including speed limit.. on the other hand hate young punks that think they can drive around throwing stuff out the window at people and honking..
              These cyclists weren't the ones you are describing. The were on the far side of the shoulder at least a yard from all of the vehicles minding their own business.

Comment

Originally posted by MySRT8U View Post
                I've tracked down kids by their plate number before when they did stupid stuff like that. Showed up at their house and showed their dad video of them acting dumb as ****. Also let them know it's not hard to find them. I would go talk to the parents if I were you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hmmmm....I know where you're head is at on this because I'm all about dealing with things here, now and swiftly but with nutcases these days, you're liable to find your guts blown all over someone else's yard. Let the cops hammer it out and go home to see little man tomorrow too.

Comment

If they were driving through my neighborhood I would give the kids something to throw at the cyclist. The ones around us run lights & act like the traffic laws don't pertain to them. Wish I could imprint a few of them on my bumper. In all honesty, if the cyclist were obeying the traffic laws I would do what you are doing. I ride my bike on the trails around here & would hate to see someone being harassed for just riding.

Comment

Originally posted by randal View Post

I agree with you in most cases but not this one, The Woodlands is designed for bikers & runners with either very large shoulders or bike paths so that the runners / bikers don't impede traffic.

Punks need to be dealt with

Comment

You're heart's in the right place, but I don't see any upside in showing up unannounced/invited on those people's doorstep. You called the cops...........let them handle it.

Comment

You did your part, let the cops handle the rest.

Comment

Sounds like the punks need a good whooping but I can't stand cyclist for the most part. They seem to think laws don't apply to them and they can hold up traffic for their convenience and act like pricks.

Comment

I would definitely find there parents and tell them everything they did.

Comment

Good gesture on your part to get involved and report it. Further involvement could go either way depending on the parents. They could be the type that "my kids do no wrong" and if this is the case who knows what will happen. Also if you can find them easily that goes two ways. Personally I would leave it be you went above and beyond helping already. More than 99% of other people in most cases. You never know what type of people you may be dealing with for retribution possibly. Yes I have been there done that with punks like this and what it took to get them off our case I was fortunate (lucky) to get by with it. Things can go south very quickly. Thanks are in line for your efforts!! Let the police handle it.

Comment

doesn't surprise me to see nothing has changed with the entitled youth of the woodlands. been gone for 20 years and i couldn't get out fast enough.

there is a good chance the "parents" are either too busy to raise their kids right or they are just as big of a ***** as the kids are. either way a site visit probably won't go well.

to the guys complaining about bikers. you think this is bad you should try living in colorado. they would shut down roads with so many of them and in the foothills they don't have shoulders to move into. got very dangerous

what's the harm with letting them ride on the shoulder. it takes 2 seconds to get around them. i drive a lot, like average 40k a year a lot, and encounter them frequently on several of the backroads. probably see a few on my way home in a couple hours. it's a 2 second inconvenience to wait to properly pass them. i have more problems passing the slow drivers (rant for another day) i run into an asshat every once in awhile but not the majority. i think sometimes we get in such a rush that we forget how trivial some of these problems are. grab a beer, cigar and a go chill by the lake.

as a disclaimer, i'm not a rider. i'm too fat, don't look good in spandex and they don't make a seat with enough cushion.

Comment

Working...
                                X