Drawn for Laguna Atascosa Archery Exotic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drawn for Laguna Atascosa Archery Exotic

I got drawn for this archery hunt Nov 18-22 and as I understand it, this is the first year for this to be administered via TPWD.
    I am reading thru the old posts, but also wonder how much different this hunt will be from prior years archery hunts.

I have never been to LAWR and wanted to see who else got drawn and is planning to go.
    It also looks like you can't take non hunting guests on this hunt, so
    I am interested in joining up with some other TBH'ers for this hunt

who is going?

Jay

I was also drawn, and I know absolutely nothing about Laguna Atascosa. Maybe we can team up. My son will be coming as well. I have experience hunting nilgai, just not at Laguna.
    713-299-9193

Comment

I got drawn as well. Good to see others on here were drawn too. I have never been there and never hunted nilgai. Should be alot of fun! Adam 325-518-4577

Comment

I am pending second draw for this hunt. I am curious of those who got drawn, what is the time frame you have to accept and pay for the permit before it goes to second draw? I am curious mainly because these refuge hunts have so many more spots available I can see where there might be a chance for a second draw.

Comment

the note says i have until 10/27 to purchase the permit

Comment

Originally posted by rsquared View Post
            Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by rsquared View Post
              Yup

Comment

I got drawn for 11/25-11/29

Comment

I got drawn for the 18-22 as well. I know two others from around here that were also.

Comment

The nilgai at LA were culled pretty heavily this year and last year by helicopter. They shot about 80 this year and I think 200 last year. It might be some pretty tough hunting this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Palehorse View Post
                      The nilgai at LA were culled pretty heavily this year and last year by helicopter. They shot about 80 this year and I think 200 last year. It might be some pretty tough hunting this season.
                      I knew they did this, but I never read any total numbers. Thanks.

I'll either be at LRGV Nov 17-20 or Laguna Nov 25-29. Got drawn for both, but will only choose 1. Still undecided.

Comment

I got drawn for Laguna 18th-22nd not sure my dad can make it so i will most likely be solo. Iv never hunted Laguna or nilgai. If anybody would like to Team up 8302990248

Comment

Me my brother and a Friend got drawn too , 9 hr drive there .... Think it will be worth it ? I didn't know about the culling they did

Comment

I got drawn the same date. Kinda sucks they would do a culling before they opened it for hunters that would've taken care of the problem. Also got drawn for LRGV in January, not sure what to do

Comment

Ready

I also got drawn with my brother and a friend. Should be a good time.
                              So I guess it will be alot of walking.
                              Looks like a great place.
                              Name is Justin Norton
                              If anyone has any info on the area I would love to know.
                              Good Luck to everyone

Comment

Working...
                              X