No announcement yet.

Getting into mountain shape thread!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upper body weight lifting 45 minutes and 30 minutes stair climber 160 + floors this morning...

Comment

Started training a little late but have a kid coming in September, so even if I get to hunt the backcountry it'll be brief. Either way fitness is key.

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
        Do any of y'all do yoga? I'm starting a yoga program in a couple of weeks. Looking for advice on a larger mat that won't be slippery for heavy sweating.
        Tractor supply has those 4x8 quarter inch stall mats for around $15

Comment

66 days till I'll be headed to New Mexico. Gonna get on the grind now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TopKnot View Post
            Started training a little late but have a kid coming in September, so even if I get to hunt the backcountry it'll be brief. Either way fitness is key.

Man you didn't plan that one out well [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I pretty much never let myself get out of backpacking shape but this time of year its definitely good to ramp it up some. Decided last week that Im going to start training for a marathon and do one in sept hopefully. It should also help temendously with the mountains. First semi long run was today. Im not going to follow an exact program because I want to keep doing a lot of squats, deadlift, presses and would hate to lose too much weight. I know the mountains will cut my weight by 5-8 pounds for a week long hunt.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6072.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	24501952

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                Do any of y'all do yoga? I'm starting a yoga program in a couple of weeks. Looking for advice on a larger mat that won't be slippery for heavy sweating.
                2-3 times a week. Cant help you with mat selection for heavy sweating though. Lol

Comment

I found some girl on Youtube who has a 30 days of yoga program. I started doing it last week and did 2-3 days. Im gonna keep doing it. I feel like it helps my back and legs stay loose

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                    I found some girl on Youtube who has a 30 days of yoga program. I started doing it last week and did 2-3 days. Im gonna keep doing it. I feel like it helps my back and legs stay loose
                    Plus a lot of them on youtube are not bad to look at.

Big fan of this one after a long run or squats.

Sore from lifting or other athletic ventures? Give this flow a go! In this video, we work on warming and relaxing the hamstrings, quadriceps, glutes, and hip...

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                      I found some girl on Youtube....
                      I was wondering where this post was going when tapatalk just showed me the first snippet.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Lots of positive input here. Working 12-16 hours a day in this brutal Texas heat and humidity are tough on the body. Not much time or energy left to get in much of an exercise routine, but I'm sure trying to adjust my diet to accomplish some health goals.
                        Best of luck to everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Felix40 View Post
                          2-3 times a week. Cant help you with mat selection for heavy sweating though. Lol
                          Found a good one. Thanks.

Comment

I am mixing in running, lifting weights and HIIT workouts.
                            If anyone is interested a few people in the brazoria county area get together Tuesdays to do a speed work running exercise.

Comment

Today is the first time I've been to an actual gym in at least two years. I figured I can push harder in a gym where it's not so dang hot. I only have a month before my hunt so it's time to start getting some elevation in. I climbed just under 1400 feet in 30 minutes with 25 pounds in my pack. I will probably go up to 75 pounds next time but the pace will be slower.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6102.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	24502242

Comment

My hunt dates are Sept the first through the tenth in CO so I have been ramping it up. 40 pounds, 3 miles in 45 (getting it done in 40-41)minutes twice a week. Hitting the YMCA weight room twice a week and trying to run 3 miles at least once a week.

Comment

Working...
                                X