GOP is keeping Obama care.....Job Security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by texasnavy05 View Post
    yes, government involvement has made it expensive. with no involvement it will still be expensive. if you give young healthy people the option to opt out of paying premiums then all of the burden gets shifted onto the less healthy with more claims. (not saying im against that, but thats just how insurance works). there is no easy solution.

and is the "children argument" irony if it comes from the right or the middle? imo its a legitimate argument. if im going to be pro life and make ppl keep unplanned/unwanted babies then i should also support the programs that will support that child.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    You're right about no easy solution, it's a hot mess and going to continue to get messier.

Social welfare in it's current state is not sustainable. Somehow, someway accountability needs to be encouraged and rewarded.

Comment

Originally posted by texasnavy05 View Post
      yes, government involvement has made it expensive. with no involvement it will still be expensive. if you give young healthy people the option to opt out of paying premiums then all of the burden gets shifted onto the less healthy with more claims. (not saying im against that, but thats just how insurance works). there is no easy solution.

and is the "children argument" irony if it comes from the right or the middle? imo its a legitimate argument. if im going to be pro life and make ppl keep unplanned/unwanted babies then i should also support the programs that will support that child.

I saw a editorial cartoon depicting that exact scenario about two years ago. wish I could find it again online as it was very telling......and sobering if one truly thinks about it. Tough situation for sure. Obviously it cant work both ways. I have always said, "nobody dies in the streets" in America. But I clearly understand that the pool of folks that pay (taxes) to care for the indigent is not what it used to be. Even 95% (full employment there about's) employment rates will burden the system we used to have. Lots more has to be changed to make the goal realistic.....or we can just geaux with nada and pay as you partake in the medical system!

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
        You're right about no easy solution, it's a hot mess and going to continue to get messier.

Social welfare in it's current state is not sustainable. Somehow, someway accountability needs to be encouraged and rewarded.
        U beat me to it!

Comment

well said. i think we should vote for a very strict vetting service (like private eye type) for anybody receiving any sort of benefit. medicare, medicaid, food stamps, welfare, tax credits/breaks, student college grants, etc.

i really think most govt programs have good intentions and if you could get rid of the abuse(nearly impossible) they could benefit society.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
            I think it's
            Make little changes Dems fight him & GOP is ok
            Make big changes and EVERYBODY is but hurt

At least parts of the travel ban squeaked through.

What ever happened to his H1B limit/ban???
            DHS just approved H1B's and H2B's last week....Kelly needs to go...

Comment

Why can't they just repeal Obamacare and let everyone go back to doing what they were doing before. If they have to do anything, set up pools for folks with pre-existing conditions and those that need life sustaining meds that are too expensive to buy, and then deal with the folks that are too poor to afford free market health insurance. Those that can afford it but choose not to buy it, like my brother who owns three vehicles, two homes, and two Harley's have payment plans set up for doctor and hospital visits to the point of even garnishing wages if need be.

Comment

Originally posted by super_dave View Post
                You argue "states right" right up to the point of reality that OBAMACARE IS FEDERAL!

You started another healthcare thread to hook an argument and you got it. We all know. You make more money with Obamacare. That's great. Premiums are up. That screws everyone else.

Remove the state boundaries, federal mandate, and lobbyists and let the free market work

O wait, you'll make less money. So that's out.

I don't make money off Obamacare
                I make money off diseases
                As long as there are people with diseases I will be paid to count them and any treatments they receive.

If Obamacare went away and they removed state lines Aetna & Cigna would still retain me to analyze their piece structures now that they don't have to deal with individual state pricing regulations.
                They'd still want to know how the fat people in San Antonio will effect life expectancy rates once included with the healthy people from Santa Barbara.

I get paid from disease.

Comment

I wonder if we had these same debates when we forced everyone to go to school and forced everyone to help pay for it even if you didn't use it (home school)

Comment

I wonder if we had these same debates when we forced everyone to go to school and forced everyone to help pay for it even if you didn't use it (home school)
                    So collect health insurance premiums through property taxes?

Comment

So collect health insurance premiums through property taxes?
                      sales tax wouldnt be a bad idea

Comment

unfortunatly, lack of accountability is rewarded...to get votes and to keep power over a segment of the population. No one (currently) want to loose that power

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                          I think you have it backwards. It HAS become very expensive BECAUSE of government intervention. And the "children" argument from the left is irony at its finest.
                          You have no idea how health insurance works.

Insurance costs have skyrocketed because hospitals but $150 instant thermometers now instead of using those 50cent thermometers your grandma used.
                          That's a 300 fold price increase on thermometers alone.

They now have $5,000 motorized wheelchairs that they must pay for.
                          Before they had the fifty dollar one you pushed yourself.

Inflation

Comment

Originally posted by Russ79 View Post
                            Why can't they just repeal Obamacare and let everyone go back to doing what they were doing before. If they have to do anything, set up pools for folks with pre-existing conditions and those that need life sustaining meds that are too expensive to buy, and then deal with the folks that are too poor to afford free market health insurance. Those that can afford it but choose not to buy it, like my brother who owns three vehicles, two homes, and two Harley's have payment plans set up for doctor and hospital visits to the point of even garnishing wages if need be.
                            Because what they are not saying in public is that Obamacare is actually a good thing that's why they wasted seven years not trying to come up with a solution

Obama even called them out When he was in office
                            He said if y'all have a better plan SHOW ME
                            GOP never stepped up
                            Now 6years later they still have their thumbs up their...

Comment

Because what they are not saying in public is that Obamacare is actually a good thing that's why they wasted seven years not trying to come up with a solution

Obama even called them out When he was in office
                              He said if y'all have a better plan SHOW ME
                              GOP never stepped up
                              Now 6years later they still have their thumbs up their...
                              Why is ocare such a good thing?

Comment

Inflation
                                Is that why college tuition went up, too pay more for books and teachers or was it the government getting in to the student loan business ?

Comment

Working...
                                X