Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dove reports / scouting...

Opening day is just around the corner!

What are you all seeing around the state?

I live and hunt in the Denton / Wise county area. In the last few days I checked a cut milo field near Ponder and some unharvested milo near Fairview but it's looking pretty bleak so far. Seeing more birds around sunflowers. In the past the best fields have been plowed under milo stalks but haven't seen any of that yet. Any where there is water should be good!

Apparently the skies are black in Mexico... I need to get some pics.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Any Coleman / Santa Anna reports?

Comment

Not seeing much on the eastern side of Mills Co.

Comment

Found birds South of Weslaco on a grain field that sprouted after the big rain. I have enough to eat flying around on my sons land but I wont say where its for me

Comment

Decent birds in South central Tom green County but it is a little early to get to excited. If they are still around on the 30th I will be excited if the weather forecast cooperates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not much south of coleman

Comment

Starting to show up in Austin county. Hope they keep getting more and more.

Comment

Any San Angelo reports?

Comment

Originally posted by LukeDuke View Post
                    Opening day is just around the corner!

What are you all seeing around the state?

I live and hunt in the Denton / Wise county area. In the last few days I checked a cut milo field near Ponder and some unharvested milo near Fairview but it's looking pretty bleak so far. Seeing more birds around sunflowers. In the past the best fields have been plowed under milo stalks but haven't seen any of that yet. Any where there is water should be good!
                    They were cutting milo stubble to bail between me and Justin yesterday. I'm seeing more and more birds around every day, but none really concentrated yet.

Are you leasing fields, or hunting off of friends? Know of any fields for lease?

Comment

I drive all over everyday. I see big groups of white wings everyday off 35 and 130 before the Georgetown and Taylor exits

I see the birds again east of San Antonio north and south of 10 around the schertz exit. They re like clock work late..

I own property in haskell...I haven't made it out there, but the years past have been very very good. Last yr I chalked it up to a fluke due to the hurricane. We ll be hunting my place opening day.

Comment

Lots of whitewings in town, luckily I can hunt right on the edge of town.

Comment

Originally posted by HeathJohnson View Post
                          Any San Angelo reports?

Post 6

Comment

I’m a long way from most of you guys, but they’re just now starting to show up at my house. Hopefully they’ll build up some before the opener.

Luckily this rain has got the rivers up good, so our post hunt floats will be prime, either way!

Comment

Originally posted by HeathJohnson View Post
                              Any San Angelo reports?

Other than that there are a good amount of birds close to town and any milo or sunflowers that made a crop should be good to hunt on. There was a fair amount of milo that didn't make so not good for the birds or the farmers

Comment

Working...
                              X