Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The GOP may get the tax bill passed after all

Even John McCain says he is on board. Wall Street seems to like the news

24K DJIA pretty impressive. I wonder how many liberal minded (Trump hating) investors and financial advisors that thought the economy would crash to a halt when he was elected (Mark Cuban comes to mind) lost out on massive amounts of potential wealth by letting bias predict future market conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
      24K DJIA pretty impressive. I wonder how many liberal minded (Trump hating) investors and financial advisors that thought the economy would crash to a halt when he was elected (Mark Cuban comes to mind) lost out on massive amounts of potential wealth by letting bias predict future market conditions.
      Anyone who felt that way strongly enough to be short all year is going to have a very unmerry Christmas!

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
        Just the thought of that makes me smile.

Comment

Looks like a done deal. Senate got the vote thru.

Comment

I haven’t done a lot of research but I don’t think this is a good thing for individuals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I read where a 24k market represents $7T in economic value added to the US.

If true, that has to be more value than added during the boom in Reagan's 8 years.

And probably more than all Dem presidents combined x10.

I'll overlook a lifetime of silly tweets if this continues for the next 7 years.

Comment

Great. I like making money while hunting and enjoying retirement.

Comment

It passed. woot!

Comment

Billionaire's and lobbyist are rejoicing!

Comment

Seems to be pretty good, I know right now I get just about 10k withheld each year (as a single) I am now married and with this tax plan they will only withhold about 14k filing as married... If my math is correct..

Comment

Originally posted by TMain View Post
                        Billionaire's and lobbyist are rejoicing!
                        Please elaborate.

Comment

Waiting to see how it evolves in conference with the House.... I hate that the GOP lacks the will to cut spending, but if we can keep a little more of what we earn I'll take whatever we can get.

Comment

It's a mirage, smoke and mirrors. They don't know how to spend less, that's what they'd have to do go give any tax cuts. If they say they're going to cut federal taxes, the States will pick up the slack when the fed passes the expense on down the line. Basically the goverments tax policy is.................. how much did you make ? send it in.

Comment

Does anyone have a link to the bill as it currently stands?

There was some bad stuff in there last time I looked. Stuff like automatic increases if enough revenue wasn’t generated by economic growth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X