Metal Blade Cold Cut Chop Saws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Metal Blade Cold Cut Chop Saws

Which brand do you buy for heavier duty applications? Dewalt, Fein, Evo ???

I have a Dewalt and it's a beast !! I hear the EVOs are nice as well. Got mine on line from CPO outlet and saved about $200 on it. I know they say it will cut stainless but don't it's tuff on the blades. Carbon steal and alum are fine. I use mine to cut 2" sq tubing and it walks right through it.
    Last edited by sharkhunter; 07-28-2017, 07:52 PM.

Comment

I've only ever used Milwaukee and DeWalt. Both are darn nice.

If money were no object, I'd buy a Baileigh. They are super deluxe. I love their tools.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I have a heavily used Rigid that has served me well. Don't use it even day though.

Comment

Dewalt

Comment

I was about to pull the trigger on a Dewalt or Makita, then I found rage. I don't have a good pic of it, but it's in the background of this pic. Its absolutely worth the money. http://www.homedepot.com/p/Evolution...AGE3/203649414

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've had a Milwaukee that has served me well for years, although I don't really use it all that often.
              My Flickr Photos

Comment

Glad you brought this up. I have a dewalt but have never been happy with the fence and it's accuracy. I have to buy another for out guys at the shop I'll have to frig it up with a V trough to cut multiple sticks off tubing at once.

Comment

Skil sent me one of these to test.

Whether you’re cutting metal, wood, concrete, or all of the above, these saws deliver high-performance cutting, legendary power, and exceptional quality.

I'm really happy with it, the fence is accurate and easy to adjust, it's got plenty of power, and controls chips pretty well. The only issue I have with it is mitering angle, the table and clamp can make it a little difficult.

It also comes with a $100 Diablo blade for the same price as most of the other saws.

The Baleigh cold saws are sweet for shop use. They turn 50 rpm and have coolant. Super quiet and no hot chips.
                  Last edited by gatorgrizz27; 07-29-2017, 06:51 AM.

Comment

Yes I have a Baileigh metal drill press good tool.

Looks like MK Morse makes a nice chop saw as well.

My only problem with dewalt is I have their abrasive saw and the fence and angle adjustments aren't very good. It looks like (looking online) some of these other brands have built a better base.

Comment

I have the Evo chop saw and circular saw since before the other companies even had a cold cut model. They are great and they last, get a few extra blades when you buy.

Comment

I have a morse and it is a good heavy built saw

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a couple of Dewalt's and they are definitely work horses. They are great for quickly cutting carbon steel and aluminum square, angle, flats and pipe.You do to be careful with cuts as the blade teeth can chip and the are somewhat expensive.
                          Found myself cutting more and more stainless so I purchased a horizontal band saw. You will find that saws are limited at what they do well so having more than one type is useful.

Comment

I have a Milwaukee and my last blade purchase was Diablo. I have been very happy with the blade...and I cut lots of 1/4" wall square/round/ rectangle. It goes through 3/8" & 1/2" bar as well.

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
                              I have a couple of Dewalt's and they are definitely work horses. They are great for quickly cutting carbon steel and aluminum square, angle, flats and pipe.You do to be careful with cuts as the blade teeth can chip and the are somewhat expensive.
                              Found myself cutting more and more stainless so I purchased a horizontal band saw. You will find that saws are limited at what they do well so having more than one type is useful.
                              Yes sir I have an Ellis bandsaw as well. Just looking to move beyond the abrasive cuts chop saws.

Comment

Working...
                              X