Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hawaii Trip with the Mrs and bow???

Hey guys and gals,

Was curious if anyone has made a Hawaiian trip with their bow and wife??? It won't be this year, but next year is our 10th anniversary, so want to make it a big deal, but I can't just "chill on the beach" like some folks can.

Been on the Hawaii hunting and fishing website, trying to find spots that I could get away for a day or two with the bow and hangout with the bride.

Has anyone done this??? Suggestions on island and staying spots would be greatly appreciated!!!

Non issue, I try to do that on every trip we do........we have new Zealand in June. Definitely bowhunting for a few days.....lol! I had trouble finding the outfitter with better AXIS than Texas. Come to find out the ones here are bigger...I had no idea before I started looking at the SCI record book. I did not want a hog or a Black Hawaiian goat, so I decided against doing a hunt there 3 years ago. Beaches are nice but they did get old after a day or two.

Comment

I know axis and hogs run rampant on the islands - that would be sick to hunt an axis out there.

Comment

Better check cost bringing your game back

Comment

Their axis genetics aren't near as good as Texas. Antler size is pretty small there compared to here. But it's hunting. Goats and hogs are pretty plentiful on some islands. Kauai has blacktail, but there's a season for those. I think it's a draw too.

Comment

Heck, we own a ranch with Axis in Sutton County. As for hunting goats and pigs, I just thought it would be fun to shoot critters with the ocean in the background.

She was talking about Belize, but now I'm not so sure HI is the right place.

Comment

It would be AWESOME to hunt there. Just don't expect a 36" axis buck. The hunt would still be just as much fun though.

Comment

Originally posted by TWP View Post
                Heck, we own a ranch with Axis in Sutton County. As for hunting goats and pigs, I just thought it would be fun to shoot critters with the ocean in the background.

She was talking about Belize, but now I'm not so sure HI is the right place.
                If y’all don’t decide on HI, might could consider ocellated Turkey and brocket deer in Campeche Mexico? I’d imagine the price range would be the same as HI.

Comment

I’m going next summer for our 15th wedding anniversary. I’ll be hunting either axis, mouflon, or wild cattle. I have zero interest in killing an axis in Texas but would in Hawaii in a heart beat

Comment

Went to Maui last August, had a great time. Actually had some work there and took the family, we stayed about 9 days total in Maui. Seems like there is quite a bit to do and see besides just chill out on the beach. We did that some but also did other things. Personally I do a lot of hunting in Texas, Wisconsin, and have been going on one guided hunt every year. So it made no sense to slip away to hunt animals that are plentiful here. I loved it there, it is really a neat. I would never have gone if it wasn't for work taking me there. I would like to go back to Maui, but my wife is not real big on repeat trips. She would rather go somewhere else. So maybe some of the other islands next time.

Comment

Originally posted by Kdog View Post
                      Went to Maui last August, had a great time. Actually had some work there and took the family, we stayed about 9 days total in Maui. Seems like there is quite a bit to do and see besides just chill out on the beach. We did that some but also did other things. Personally I do a lot of hunting in Texas, Wisconsin, and have been going on one guided hunt every year. So it made no sense to slip away to hunt animals that are plentiful here. I loved it there, it is really a neat. I would never have gone if it wasn't for work taking me there. I would like to go back to Maui, but my wife is not real big on repeat trips. She would rather go somewhere else. So maybe some of the other islands next time.
                      Save Kauai for last. Once you visit that island, it ruins the others for you. It's awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                        Save Kauai for last. Once you visit that island, it ruins the others for you. It's awesome.
                        We have done most of them all at least once, and Maui 7 or 8 times. Maui Is still my favorite overall. We are going to give Kauai a second shot though.

Comment

Remi Warren did an episode for Solo Hunter in Hawaii. You can look it up on YouTube.

Comment

If you want to hunt go to Lanai, stay at the 4 Seasons. Send your wife to the spa for a day and go shoot a couple axis.

Sheep I would go to big island.

I grew up on Oahu and we hunted pigs some but not a lot. Hunting the other islands was always too expensive back then. Maui and Kauai have axis, pigs, sheep

If you want to hunt wild cattle go soon, they’re trying to stop the hunting of them and instead pay the govt to take them out

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                              We have done most of them all at least once, and Maui 7 or 8 times. Maui Is still my favorite overall. We are going to give Kauai a second shot though.
                              We liked it because it was less touristy and less commercialized. Not everyone would like that, I'm sure. The culture and general vibe is very similar to West Texas in a lot of ways. Laid back, friendly people. The beauty is hard to beat too. If we didn't have a bunch of family in Texas, I think I'd have a hard time keeping my wife from moving to Kauai.

Comment

Working...
                              X