No announcement yet.

Saltywater Slick Thank you!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They don’t get much better as a man than Charlie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
      He didn't pass did he

Lol. This does sound a little like a memorial thread

Charlie is still with us.

Comment

Thank God I need to mend fences

Comment

Yes sir, Charlie can be my wing man anytime!

Comment

Truth! May God Bless you richly, Charlie

Comment

Amen

Comment

All I can say is thank you all for the kind words. I am just a man that surrendered to God. Many of you know that the Lord took our only son back in '13 at the age of 27... Three things happened to me during the time immediately afterwards.
                1. Very good friends that will be friends until I pass from this life stepped up and carried me and saved my wife and me from untold turmoil. Those two were Bobby and Rick... Chew and Coup de Gras... I reached out to them for help and it was there IMMEDIATELY.
                2. Many, many TBH'er brothers and sisters hit their knees for me and my family, came to the wake and funeral. Along with our church family, you guys and gals helped to life us up and get us through that tragedy. Mammas and Daddys ain't spos'd to bury their kids!
                3. The other thing that happened to me the day that I found my son dead inside his appartment, God from Heaven spoke so clearly to me it is as clear as the words I type on this page. He said, "If you seek me, you will find me, and I will take care of you." Since that very moment, I have done just that. Just like GarGuy so eloquently described his near death experience with Lyme's disease and he totally surrendered, so did I.

I experienced what prayer and pure Agape Love from friends can do for a person. I vowed that I'd do my best to pay that Love forward... Agape Love is God's love. It is unconditional love that does not expect ANYTHING in return. I have been blessed beyond belief since that time. I was already a child of God and brothers with Christ Jesus, but I am walking so much more peacefully now closer to Him and I don't ever want to stray far from Him.

So please, let's just all where we can do God's work, and pray and give HIM the praise and honor and glory. It is not mine, but His.
                Thank You all!
                God bless,
                'Slick...

Comment

Slick, as a fairly new father, I cannot imagine going through that. However, I can say, with certainty even without having met you yet, that you are a benchmark of goodness and selflessness that we should all aspire to.

Comment

Agreed 100%. Saltwater Slick is on my short list of TBH'ers I'd really like to meet. Thank you so much for the prayer for my father a few months ago. It truly warmed my heart.

Comment

Originally posted by Tex View Post
                      I agree. As awful as this deception was there is still a lot of good that came from it.
                      If you guys would be so kind please keep a young man (16 yr old) in your prayers that is fighting for his life against cancer. His name is Beau and he just completed a 43 week chemo regiment and a new spot has developed in his hip. He starts chemo and radiation again on Tuesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Prayers sent for Beau

Comment

Thank you Charlie. Your true character was exposed in all this and we could see Jesus right in the heart.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                          Charlie has a talent for prayers.
                          I would definetly want him in my corner when I need them.
                          Me too. I always benefit from reading them.

Comment

Amen to that! The man can spread the word and you can feel it.

Comment

Originally posted by EZ-10RANCH View Post
                              Amen to that! The man can spread the word and you can feel it.
                              This! ^^^

Comment

AMEN!!! Charlie is good people for sure......I have found by reading his prayers and wisdom it has helped me become a better Christian and my prayers more meaningful.

Comment

Working...
                                X