No announcement yet.

Gun safe opinions? Brands and models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been looking into safes as well but I have some time since I'm in and out of apartments right now...i have time. But, that also has me thinking. What about having a few smaller safes? That way if they attempt to get in one...they have to get in multiple safes AND they're aleasier to move around? Flawed thought?

Comment

Originally posted by NatureBoy View Post
      Been looking into safes as well but I have some time since I'm in and out of apartments right now...i have time. But, that also has me thinking. What about having a few smaller safes? That way if they attempt to get in one...they have to get in multiple safes AND they're aleasier to move around? Flawed thought?
      Thieves like the small ones for that very reason also.

Hoggslayer

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
        Thieves like the small ones for that very reason also.

Hoggslayer
        but bolted to the ground adds an issue for them that isnt an issue for me

Comment

Originally posted by NatureBoy View Post
          but bolted to the ground adds an issue for them that isnt an issue for me
          Only about a 2 minute issue. Hit the safe high and hard to make a little room under it for a sawsall and it will be sitting in the back of a truck before you can say Boo.

Hoggslayer

Comment

Mine is bolted. The anchors and bolts are to far in for a saw. The safe is also in a corner so no access. Granted if they have time any safe will be stolen!

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
              Mine is bolted. The anchors and bolts are to far in for a saw. The safe is also in a corner so no access. Granted if they have time any safe will be stolen!
              exactly what Im thinking too. anything can be stolen if they truly wanted to...just need to make it require more effort

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                Only about a 2 minute issue. Hit the safe high and hard to make a little room under it for a sawsall and it will be sitting in the back of a truck before you can say Boo.

Hoggslayer
                For that reason I am fabricating a steel "safe room" with a vault door. The safes inside it will be bolted to the floor and steel wall. They will be placed in a way where attacks will be limited to.

Not saying they cant be broken into but its going to be some work for someone.

Comment

Garage is also the worst place to have one installed... If a thief can get a vehicle to it, it's just gone quicker, plus they can get serious tools to it easier too...

Comment

I have a Fort Knox, and like it a lot. Safes are a get what you pay for item.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                      Garage is also the worst place to have one installed... If a thief can get a vehicle to it, it's just gone quicker, plus they can get serious tools to it easier too...
                      I understand but that's where it has to go for my house. I'd prefer it inside but not gonna happen.

Just called dakota safe and yep they are made in china. Don't really like that. How many other companies import? I'd prefer a us steel made safe.

Yea I like ft Knox they are just outta my price range

Comment

Originally posted by tbeak View Post
                        I want a traditional rotary type lock, no electronic lock.
                        I love my electronic lock on my Browning. Super quick access. We are in/out of it all the time. Might be something to consider.

Comment

My dad has the electronic. Nah, not for me. Yes it's much quicker I agree.

Comment

I have a American Security (amsec) and don't think i would buy anything else. Friends who have moved safes before helped me with mine and all were amazed at how heavy that little thing is. Lights that come on when the door is opened is an overlooked feature IMH. Mine has it and I love it.

Comment

Only thing I can add, is go the biggest you can afford. I bought one filled up quick now needing another one.

Comment

If you have a Costco membership this is a good deal. Also has to be ordered cannot get in store. You can get 2

Cannon 43.8 Cu Ft Executive Series Safe, 60 min Fire Protection
                                Shipping & Handling Included*
                                Features:
                                59"H x 45"W x 28"D
                                UL lock
                                72 Gun Capacity
                                Elegant Chrome Finish
                                Weight: 696 lbs
                                Model CS72
                                Your Price $899.99

Comment

Working...
                                X