Need help with the new hoyt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with the new hoyt

The serving on my buss cable keeps breaking/getting cut right where it breaks over the module. I've had the bow about 2 weeks and my dealer has already redone the serving twice... 20-30 shots later this is what it looks like. Season is about to start and I'm really worried this won't be fixed in time.
    Attached Files

Forgot to add that I think the cam is rubbing and that's what's causing it, but not 100% sure

Comment

Check to see if the cam is leaning if its leaning in that direction that would be the culprit...

Comment

If it's leaning what's the fix? Adjust spacers? My dealer "tuned" the bow to fix cam lean Friday and was shooting good through paper,,, I've never tuned my own bow so I really don't know what needs to be done. I'm taking it back again tonight after work

Comment

If its leaning it should be the adjustment to that side. Should add more twist to the string unless that puts the bow out of spec then you would need to let a twist out of the opposite side of the lean to bring it back straight..

I think i seen some where that there was a bearing issue.. Might check that as well. Idk if it pertained to one of the newer bows

what bow are you hav
          ing the issues with ?

Comment

2015 Carbon spyder turbo

Comment

Sounds like there is a burr on the cam to me.

Comment

Roper that pic looks like the bottom cam which can only be shimmed if the cable is contacting the cam, let the dealer fix this if it is a new bow. makes me kind of wonder if he knows what he is doing due to him re-serving it twice and not finding out what is causing the damage.

Comment

Thanks for the help guys, hopefully he can get it fixed

Comment

Roper,can you put a picture of the back of the cams,both top and bottom, on here? See if the modules are the same and see if the draw stop is in the correct hole. Just something to check.

Comment

Did you get it fixed ??

I have the nitrum turbo and i haven't experienced this issue,, as it was stated might be the tech over looking something

Comment

Well there was no spacer on the cable side of the bottom cam. I left it with him last night and will go back tonight to pick it up... I've been looking at the spacer missing for a few days but automatically assumed there wasn't supposed to be one since that's how it came straight out of the box(now I know better and feel pretty ignorant looking back).... I've been shooting for a long time but never gotten into the actual mechanics, guess it's time for me to learn.... And when my draw length was set the string stop wasn't moved and I shot it over the weekend like that. I knew it didn't feel right but new bow and pride wouldn't let me say it felt to heavy lol......

I'm hoping this will fix it... He spent lots of time trying to get it right and I guess without the spacer the cam just goes crazy during the shot and hitting the buss, he just missed it, everyone is human,,,

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleGArchery View Post
                          Roper,can you put a picture of the back of the cams,both top and bottom, on here? See if the modules are the same and see if the draw stop is in the correct hole. Just something to check.
                          I will post a few pics when I pick it up, thanks for the replies

Comment

My lower 27.5 mod for my Nitrum Turbo was treating my factory buss serving pretty bad. Bought a new set (60X of course!) served with halo and it's holding up good compared to the angel majesty Hoyt uses. Also, my module had a sharp edge on it when I installed it. I took a jeweler's file and broke the edge which helped a ton.
                            Last edited by muddyfuzzy; 09-22-2015, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X