• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is a big cat!

Comment

Man that's a big pretty cat. Good job brotha

Comment

Nice catch. Usually the coons raiding the chicken coop. Always nice to get a kitty.

Comment

Wow big cat! congrats

Comment

Wow! Purdy!

Comment

Great cat Tuff. That Rosetta sure is pretty.
              I remember you caught at least one Rosetta pattern last year, but how often do you catch them? 1/30 cats? 50?

Comment

that is a great cat.

Comment

Great looking cat !

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
                    Great cat Tuff. That Rosetta sure is pretty.
                    I remember you caught at least one Rosetta pattern last year, but how often do you catch them? 1/30 cats? 50?

I have caught 100's of cats over the years...

Only 2 of them have rosette spots...

In person they are a really beautiful cat.

Comment

Hey fellas! Glad I came across this thread. I've never really had a piece of property that I could try trapping on, but have been interested in it for a long time. Last year my folks picked up a 100 acres in Anderson County that we are starting to hunt on. The place has 2 lakes on it, one 2.5 acre and one 4.5 acre. There were several beavers on the place when they bought it, Mom hired a biologist/trapper to come in and try to get them out cause they had been doing some damage for quite a while. He got one good sized one, but they have seem to have moved on for now. I want to try my hand at trapping them myself if they come back.

Also, we have coons out the wazoo and they need to go. They eat from the feeders regularly and even have pictures this past week of a coon running off a buck out from under the protein feeder. Time to put a stop to that. The folks picked up a couple live traps from TSC while they were in town one day. I plan on putting it out there, but not sure how successful or how long it will be successful. So I am thinking about picking up some DP traps and seeing if I can make at least a small dent in the population.

I really don't have any use for the furs and don't have the space right now at the property to setup for skinning and working the hides. If anyone is in or around Anderson county(Palestine/Elkhart) area I would be happy to hand over what I trap rather than letting them go to waste. Of course at that point I am not sure if I would need to have a trappers license or not. I need to go read those rules again, it's been a few years since I looked them over.
                      Last edited by Nailhead; 10-20-2014, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuffbroadhead View Post

Only 2 of them have rosette spots
                        Can't believe my last post was deleted. TBH must be a forum that encourages people to exaggerate and talk a bunch of hot air.

Once again...DALE ill bet a hundred dollar bill you haven't caught 10 cats in your WHOLE LIFE.

Let's see the pictures???

Comment

Originally posted by Stxranchhand View Post
                          Can't believe my last post was deleted. TBH must be a forum that encourages people to exaggerate and talk a bunch of hot air.

Once again...DALE ill bet a hundred dollar bill you haven't caught 10 cats in your WHOLE LIFE.

Let's see the pictures???
                          LOL!! Yeap your right...

Started trapping when I was around 14 or so while living in Oklahoma, quit trapping when I moved down here in the spring of 91, sold all my fur to Robert Deaton, great man who taught me a lot but has since passed away..it was not hard to catch my season limit every year up there..

Have trapped on and off through the years when time off work/family permitted me to do so, sold everything trapping related that I had around
                          2010ish, then last year I had the time and ample opportunity to get involved again with my children and did so. I wanted to concentrate on easy targets with my children so we hit the coons off and on again last year when time permitted, worked on several local ranches getting back into the swing of things and trying new things..never really took any pictures till my kids got involved, it just was not that important to me..now its about making memories with my kids..
                          Last edited by Tuffbroadhead; 10-20-2014, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuffbroadhead View Post
                            So you're trying to stand by that statement ?

Becaus if its all about the kids what's with the video clips you're trying to 'release' every week why not let Ryder give part of the demo? If you've caught HUNDREDS of cats those wouldn't be the only two with rosette spots. And I find it hard to believe with your interest for video production you wouldn't have taken ONE single picture of the old trapping days. Like an end of the line pic before heading to see 'mr deaton'? Something like this...

Comment

Becaus if its all about the kids what's with the video clips you're trying to 'release' every week why not let Ryder give part of the demo? If you've caught HUNDREDS of cats those wouldn't be the only two with rosette spots. And I find it hard to believe with your interest for video production you wouldn't have taken ONE single picture of the old trapping days. Like an end of the line pic before heading to see 'mr deaton'? Something like this...

I hope you are Joking

Comment

Actually I was being facetious, but yes I am standing by my initial statement, a few hundred over the course of 28 years of trapping is not hard to accomplish, and I don't control the universe on odds of catching Rosette cats, I cant help it if run of the mill rabbit backed cats are the ones that visit sets.

As first video clip was just trial to re-learn certain platforms and editing issues as well as shake out a new camera.

And yes the plan was to release a clip each week, and matter of fact Ryder was planned to be in the second one speaking about the ease of setting FB'1 DP traps with a demo, as well as the anchoring system we use. That was put on hold when the camera and tripod went to the bottom of the Brazos river..its currently at Canon attempting a repair. So if and when it gets back video production will go forward as planned with both of my children and wife being part of them in different segments, there were many "firsts" for my children and even my wife getting involved and catching her first grey fox....

As for the "old days" when I was a child, me/my family were dirt poor and busted our tails for everything we had just to keep it. I can tell ya for a fact I was the last kid/family to ever get a microwave or a dang VCR...so like I said, cameras were not part of my life till I got older and started a family of my own.

Other than that I'm happy for you brother that you have been able to take plenty of pictures over the years, it will provide you great memories when you get old and slow and your memory starts to fade and you want to tell the grand kids of the old days..
                                Last edited by Tuffbroadhead; 10-20-2014, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X