Llano River Flooding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
    Does anyone know how bad it is where the James River comes in contact with the Llano south of Mason? Probably a stupid question, but I have a buddy that owns an RV park there.
    The Llano river near Mason is expected to crest again at 36 feet this afternoon.
    Someone earlier said their friend's cabin on the James River had 2' of water in it.

Comment

I wonder what the record is for amount of flood gates opened at mansfield at one time due to flooding?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyG View Post
        I wonder what the record is for amount of flood gates opened at mansfield at one time due to flooding?
        Well they finally opened just two gates. If they thought it was going to flood bad they should have opened up 4 or even 6 gates a long time ago.

Comment

Does anyone know how bad it is where the James River comes in contact with the Llano south of Mason? Probably a stupid question, but I have a buddy that owns an RV park there.
          I think I stayed in a cabin right there. I thought about that place this morning.

Comment

Was headed to lease in Castell area on Wednesday but not now. Had one fellow lease member text me last night that he barely made it out this morning with 4 WD. Has never seen things like it is now. Understand a side by side washed into the bridge at Castell last night or this morning.

Comment

Sitting here at Big Chief on Buchanan moving our dock. Water is close to be going over the spill way. Eventually they are going to have to open a gate or two. This is a nightmare unfloding

Comment

Sucks. Hope all stay safe.

Comment

Originally posted by djohnson View Post
                  Was headed to lease in Castell area on Wednesday but not now. Had one fellow lease member text me last night that he barely made it out this morning with 4 WD. Has never seen things like it is now. Understand a side by side washed into the bridge at Castell last night or this morning.
                  152 is completely shut down. All low water crossings are deep

Comment

Originally posted by Mertzon Man View Post
                    Sorry to see you guys get flooded at your river house Rod. Prayers sent for you and Courtney. When the water recedes and you start to clean up I could make some time to come help.
                    it is very much appreciated -- but we are all good for now.

In fact, we don't even know for sure that we got water in the house.....

This is just a project house for us -- there are lots of folks that will need help way more than us.

Comment

Dos Rios?

Comment

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
                        Dos Rios?

Yep. They got hit bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
                          Our place is on the Johnson Fork out of Segovia. The South Llano has forced water up the Johnson Fork. Sounds like we have lost everything. Hopefully our neighbors got out in time. Terrible situation for all involved.
                          Sorry to hear it! Our friends on the Johnson Fork lost a truck that was parked at their neighbors. Sounds like everyone is safe, but no electricity earlier today.

Comment

Man this is hard to watch.

Watch for rattlesnakes.....they float too.

Comment

Yep. They got hit bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              So where all that debris is.....that was an RV park?
                              Wow!

Comment

Prayers for everyone.

Comment

Working...
                                X