Most Prized Possession!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's awesome!!!!

I have several pics and part of a shirt that my uncle gave me.
    Liberation of Auschwitz

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Very cool. My Dad passed away a year ago tomorrow and I got several guns that I had seen my whole life. Most prized is a .30-30 that belonged to my great grandpa. Made in 1904 per the serial number. Stuff like that and yours mean more than our new, flashy guns any day. Enjoy!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thats some good bull !!! Cool shotgun.

Comment

Nice. The memories and connection make it priceless.

Comment

I ended up with a few of my grandfather's guns this year.

First thing I did was take them out and shoot them. Was a blast shooting those plain ole no frills pieces of wood and metal from early to mid 20th century.

Comment

Originally posted by careybirdwell View Post
              Yesterday I spent a little time with my dad. Before I left, he walks out of the room and hands me my grandfathers shotgun and says it yours now. Don't get me wrong, I always knew I would get it because it had been promised to me. My other brothers got other stuff, but this is what I really wanted. I can still see my grandfather slinging it to his shoulder taking down a squirrel or duck. He was a mountain of a man to me, and passed away many years ago (1977). But my memories are still as vivid to me as they were when I was a kid.

It is nothing fancy, just a Winchester model 12 20 gauge, but it is priceless to me. It is Granddaddy's gun!!!
              Congrats on a fine gun. Nice 20 gauge models are always hard to find. I have one like it in 16 gauge. When I was a kid the local policeman Slim Sanders in our little town carried it around as his firearm.

Comment

I have my Grandpa's 16 gauge, I know exactly what you mean.

Comment

i hear you i,m 60 something and just sighted in my grandpas old pre 64 mod 94 30/30 only gun i remember him deer hunting with. hope to make a pig pay. good stuff there.

Comment

Very cool

Comment

I can totally relate. I have on old 8mm mauser that my grandpa brought home from WWII. He used it to bring deer meat back to camp. That gun probably isn't worth much but means the world to me.

Comment

That’s great stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Very cool

Comment

Love this. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

yessir……what a great family legacy!!! ...seems like a lot of us have been handed down guns. I have gotten my GREAT uncles double barrel .410......my favorite! My grandpa's .22 pump Remington...…….clean as a whistle. And also my wifes grandpa's WWII rifle.

Comment

Very cool

Comment

Working...
                                X