Most Prized Possession!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most Prized Possession!!!

Yesterday I spent a little time with my dad. Before I left, he walks out of the room and hands me my grandfathers shotgun and says it yours now. Don't get me wrong, I always knew I would get it because it had been promised to me. My other brothers got other stuff, but this is what I really wanted. I can still see my grandfather slinging it to his shoulder taking down a squirrel or duck. He was a mountain of a man to me, and passed away many years ago (1977). But my memories are still as vivid to me as they were when I was a kid.

It is nothing fancy, just a Winchester model 12 20 gauge, but it is priceless to me. It is Granddaddy's gun!!!
    Attached Files

Very cool and it's a slick shotgun. The Model 12 in .20 is hard to beat.

Comment

Comment

very nice. don't just let it sit in the safe and be a talking piece take it to the woods and let her bark. my grandfather passed last year and I got his pre 64 model 70, I am taking it to Africa this year.

Comment

Awesome. My in laws surprised me with one of my Grandpa's old Belgian made Brownings for Christmas year before last. I felt the same way. Matter of fact they almost got my eyes to leak a little.

Comment

Originally posted by RLUM View Post
            very nice. don't just let it sit in the safe and be a talking piece take it to the woods and let her bark. my grandfather passed last year and I got his pre 64 model 70, I am taking it to Africa this year.
            It is going to be my go to shotgun for this dove season coming up. I can't wait. My grandfather never hunted dove that I know of. Not to many in the bottoms & creeks of Louisiana. So I might have to take it squirrel hunting this year.

Comment

That is a beautiful thing.

Comment

I have the very same gun in 12 gauge that was my grandfather's favorite gun. I bought a 16 gauge and 20 gauge to have a nice set to pass on some day. You have a good looking and special gun. Congrats sir.

Comment

Very cool.

Comment

That is GREAT!

Comment

I'm and old guy so vintage blued steel and walnut firearms are my first and nearly only choice. You youngsters can have all the plastic and tacti-cool stuff.

We can't begin to know the memories that holds for you, but I understand how you feel.

Comment

Definitely an awesome moment!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Cool deal!

Comment

Very nice

Comment

Originally posted by careybirdwell View Post
                              Yesterday I spent a little time with my dad. Before I left, he walks out of the room and hands me my grandfathers shotgun and says it yours now. Don't get me wrong, I always knew I would get it because it had been promised to me. My other brothers got other stuff, but this is what I really wanted. I can still see my grandfather slinging it to his shoulder taking down a squirrel or duck. He was a mountain of a man to me, and passed away many years ago (1977). But my memories are still as vivid to me as they were when I was a kid.

It is nothing fancy, just a Winchester model 12 20 gauge, but it is priceless to me. It is Granddaddy's gun!!!
                              I know how you feel. I have my Grandfathers 3030

Nice gun by the way

Comment

Working...
                              X