No announcement yet.

Arrow setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had to use the calculator to buy. Fortunately it's pdc for mine.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Whats your DL?

Comment

Comment

That definitely gives you wiggle room.

Comment

Lol. I'm flying by the seat of my pants much of the time. I guess I need that wiggle room.

Comment

Sure makes tuning easier. I have a half and inch to chop off or buy new arrows or broadheads

Comment

At 30" I got no wiggle

Comment

The ones I was shooting before were under 400g and moving around 198fps but I got a little leary about shooting sub 10gpp out of the older bow so I added some weight to some different shafts. For me as a novice shooter I still like playing around with new weights and things. Keeps it fun.

Richard.

Comment

Originally posted by Junkers88 View Post
                    The ones I was shooting before were under 400g and moving around 198fps but I got a little leary about shooting sub 10gpp out of the older bow so I added some weight to some different shafts. For me as a novice shooter I still like playing around with new weights and things. Keeps it fun.

Richard.
                    After reading all the feedback on this thread, im getting grief after telling the wife my new arrows are obsolete and i need to start over
                    She doesnt understand how we like to tinker with our hunting gear because its never perfect

Comment

I would rather have a set up I can shoot well and just duplicate. Not into playing with things. However, like finding a load and bullet that shoots well in a new rifle, sometimes you end up with a few partial boxes of bullets and cans of powder on the shelf that you have no more use for.

Comment

Im at a point right now that i dont know if I am just not consistant enough yet, or if the setup i have is really that horrible. Thats the main reason i have yet to change anything. I have shots that hit my mark on the dot, then some that are 10-12 inches up/down/left/right. I would rather be consistently good or consistently bad. That way i know exactly what changes need to be made.

On the bright side, shooting every single day, my draw cycle seems to get easier each practice session.

I do need to go pickup a few tools and supplies though. I want to start collecting inserts, brass knock points and pliers, just general stuff needed for these bows.

DRT, where did you get your ruler to check your brace height with the clip on it?
                        Last edited by bloodstick; 06-06-2017, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
                          After reading all the feedback on this thread, im getting grief after telling the wife my new arrows are obsolete and i need to start over
                          She doesnt understand how we like to tinker with our hunting gear because its never perfect
                          I've been in that boat before! I've got several sets of arrows in the bin, one set of spine testers (Gold Tip Trads), and a tackle box full of bits and pieces. It just gets worse when I convince myself that I need another bow.

Richard.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                            I would rather have a set up I can shoot well and just duplicate. Not into playing with things. However, like finding a load and bullet that shoots well in a new rifle, sometimes you end up with a few partial boxes of bullets and cans of powder on the shelf that you have no more use for.

I agree but I changed my set up as I felt the arrows were too light for an older bow with unknown lineage. I would just be sick if it developed any delamination.

Richard.

Comment

Just a bow square. Any archery shop or supply will have them. I've had that one probably a quarter century or more.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
                                Im at a point right now that i dont know if I am just not consistant enough yet, or if the setup i have is really that horrible. Thats the main reason i have yet to change anything. I have shots that hit my mark on the dot, then some that are 10-12 inches up/down/left/right. I would rather be consistently good or consistently bad. That way i know exactly what changes need to be made.

On the bright side, shooting every single day, my draw cycle seems to get easier each practice session.

I do need to go pickup a few tools and supplies though. I want to start collecting inserts, brass knock points and pliers, just general stuff needed for these bows.

DRT, where did you get your ruler to check your brace height with the clip on it?
                                Don't bother buying nocking points and pliers. Do a search on here on tying on nocking points.

You can buy a bow square at academy or any other archery shop. I bought mine from Bowzone for $5.

Comment

Working...
                                X