No announcement yet.

Which Tires For 3/4 Ton 4x4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've ran the Toyo MT's, decent mileage but load. The AT2's are awesome, ride good and quite. Tried the Nitto terra grapplers and will never own those again and their mileage wasn't great, 34-43k miles per set. I'm currently running the Nitto Ridge Grapplers and love them. They're quite and ride good, do great in mud without having to have too much wheel speed. The only bad is finding the right air pressure. I'm running a 295/60R20 on my Duramax with 54psi up front and 60 in the rear. The weight rating is much higher on this tire than most. Don't know if all sizes are like this.

Comment

Some people disagree but I’ve had great luck with BFG KO2s.

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
        Yes the OP is asking about tires for a 3/4 ton truck.. Not a ranger, taco or Cheyenne
        Load range e 10 ply bgf’s work just fine on my 3/4 ton truck. Not much road noise like some of the others mentioned either.

Comment

Originally posted by hot_rod_eddie View Post
          My OEM specs is 80 psi. This makes it ride more rough. That pressure isn't needed unless you are hauling a load. I keep mine at 65psi.
          Thanks, No negative wear issues with the lighter pressure?

Comment

I’ve run several sets of Nitto Terra Grapplers on various trucks and gotten anywhere from 55k to 68k out of every single set.

I’m currently running BFG AT KO2 and they are just meh at best. I’ll do good to get 50k out of them.

I’ll go back to either Nitto Terra Grappler G2s or Nitto Ridge Grapplers when these are done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
              Thanks, No negative wear issues with the lighter pressure?
              I only have about 10k miles so far, but no cupping or uneven wear. My 2013 Ram also came with a "light load" button to run 60psi and not upset the TPMS when not hauling.

Comment

Toyo OC MT. I've got 50k on a set now and they are wearing great and work when you need them.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
                  I've had great luck with Michelin Ltx at2 on 3/4 and duallies. Is there a reason not to run tires at max psi?

These^^

Very low road noise and outstanding tread life.

No reason to run tires at max pressure (on sidewall) unless you are loaded to the max carrying capacity (of the tire, not the truck). I run my fronts at 65 (Cummins is heavy!) and my rears at 55 when empty (2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Mega Cab). That is what the chalkline test indicated for best tread contact patch. It rides a lot better too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Out of those 3 options I would go with the Toyo's. We ran them on our 3/4 ton company trucks for years and they did great.

Comment

Out of the 3 mentioned my pick would be the Coopers I had a set on my Ram 2500 and they were an excellent tire.
                      I now run Hankook dynapro MT as I need a mud tire and I don't care about the highway noise I don't think I will ever be running anything else on my diesel trucks. Excellent wear for a mud tire and they get me where I need to go on the ranch.

Comment

I have toyo open country mt’s on my dually and I am coming up on 100k miles on them. It’s the most I’ve ever gotten out of a set. Normally I can stretch them to 70-80k. Been very pleased.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                        X