No announcement yet.

Oilfield recession got my job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There’s a recession? Lol. It’s going nuts out in the Delaware basin.

Comment

Busy as ever if you’re willing to follow it. One thing about the work out here is it doesn’t stay in one place

Comment

Surprised to hear this too...Gas still needs a pick me up, but everything I'm hearing very recently is finally starting to have a positive ring to it for a change.

Comment

Originally posted by tex4k View Post
          I'm not much help but I do know of a couple of companies that could use a consultant to get their ticket processing more efficient, these 90 to 120 day processing plus another 30 to 60 to pay really sucks.

I'd love to hear them,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by boogieandbride View Post
            You say you have NDT experience, I live in Magnolia and could possibly help you get a job in inspection. Give me a call, 713-478-9318, Andy.

Yes sir,
            I did magpartical level 2 on drill stem connections. Also ran the inspection machines for a while.
            I will give you a call first thing tomorrow.
            Jarret

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
              Busy as ever if you’re willing to follow it. One thing about the work out here is it doesn’t stay in one place

I have zero quarrels with traveling for work and neither does my wife for cutting me loose.

I do not have field experience, but I'm young and willing to learn. All my experience is on rental,repair, and manufacturing side.

However I do have a physical drawback where i cant lift much weight due to back issues and inevitable surgery. But this industry is all i know. Is there something that companies are willing to train such as drivers or equipment operators and the like?

Comment

Oilfield recession got my job

Originally posted by tex4k View Post
                I'm not much help but I do know of a couple of companies that could use a consultant to get their ticket processing more efficient, these 90 to 120 day processing plus another 30 to 60 to pay really sucks.

Consulting is good if you have made a name for yourself in the oil field. $1500 a Day plus perks without a college degree but those guys have 30 years experience in oil and gas.

Last edited by Black Ice; 01-12-2018, 11:44 PM.

Comment

**** Jarret hate to hear that for you. Prayerfully you'll get a good job right quick.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks Gary

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
                      I have zero quarrels with traveling for work and neither does my wife for cutting me loose.

I do not have field experience, but I'm young and willing to learn. All my experience is on rental,repair, and manufacturing side.

However I do have a physical drawback where i cant lift much weight due to back issues and inevitable surgery. But this industry is all i know. Is there something that companies are willing to train such as drivers or equipment operators and the like?

I’m sure several places are willing to train multiple positions in the Midland/Odessa area. I haven’t seen traffic like there is out here in quite a while

Comment

Working...
                      X