Worst News Before Deer Season Opens...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bryan View Post
    Thanks for the kind words and tips fellas. I’m not the kind of person to stir things up, so I’ll just dump the corn and take my stuff and go. Everything happens for a reason, so hopefully something good comes our way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good form. Best of luck man.

Comment

I had the same thing happen last year only 10 days before the bow opener. I am still looking for a new place a year later.

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
        If your lease is within an hour or so of Tyler I will help you get your stuff.

This Saturday, 9/22, me and the Lease MGR are headed to our lease in Brady to fill feeders and such. He wants to come back that night...

If your lease is in that area I can stay the night and help you on Sunday
        you 'da man... good guy right here

Comment

That sucks bud, I know it’s not the same but I would like to extend an offer to you and your son. Outside of opening weekends if y’all would like to come a little West y’all can each come shoot a doe and possibly a pig (if they cooperate) at my lease in Breckinridge free of charge. I love to see our youth in the woods. Good luck on your search and message me if you’re interested.

Comment

Sucks! Had something similar a couple years ago where I lost the best lease I’ve ever been on!

Hope things work out for y’all!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

They just sold our lease and we have 30 days to get everything off. I just loaded 1500lbs of corn in the feeders and put 2 new stands up. It’s just me and my 12yr old boy if you know of any openings anywhere please PM me. Thanks fellas.

i sent you a pm on a possible lease

Comment

It's too late for me to help you this season, but I can put you and your son on my lease in Votaw starting in Feb/March. I'm not too far from where you hunt. Next season will be my hunting leases 50th year. Hopefully we will have it at least another 50.

Comment

Originally posted by LWD View Post
                  If you'd already leased it for the year, then the landowner should have disclosed the lease to the new buyers who would be bound by it. That is the bought the land subject to the existing lease. Is it worth suing over? Probably not, but it would be excellent leverage if they hassle you or don't want to reimburse your expenses like the 1500 pounds of corn you've probably got to dump.

LWD
                  What he said.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the kind words and tips fellas. I’m not the kind of person to stir things up, so I’ll just dump the corn and take my stuff and go. Everything happens for a reason, so hopefully something good comes our way.

I would dump the corn in 55 gal barrels and take it with me.

Comment

That sucks!

Comment

Great gesture there, sir. We are in East Texas in Hankamer. Thanks for the offer. I have a couple friends that I help repair their boats/houses/trucks/etc that owe me some favors. Time to cash in. [emoji16]

That sucks. I had the same thing happen to me when i had a lease in Hankamer back in 06-08 time frame.

Best of luck to you on the new search.

Comment

Sorry to hear, I have had that happen enough so I decided to buy so now I don't have to worry about that happening anymore.

Comment

Dang that stinks, hope you are still able to get that boy in the woods some how.

Comment

Sucks about the lease... Have you considered talking to the new owners to see if they would be interested in the feeders and corn? Long shot but it could Save you some hassle and the new owners could just keep those spots fed until they got time to set up.

Comment

You can give this place a shot, I hunt on it and the hunting is okay just your normal east Texas club. The club manager lives in Baytown and it's about 2.5 hours from Mont Belvieu.

Comment

Working...
                                X