Let's Discuss Diesel Trucks and Sanity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hoggslayer
    Last edited by Hoggslayer; 04-14-2018, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rferg84 View Post
      I’m sure I could pull my 29’ travel trailer with a half ton, but this is America and I’m living the dream, not trying to keep up with the Joneses, I am Mr. Jones.
      This is awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post

Love mine
        Pathetic and completely ridiculous. You could haul that with a Honda Ridgeline

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
          Pathetic and completely ridiculous. You could haul that with a Honda Ridgeline

Haha only with a weight distribution hitch and sway bars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
            This is awesome.

Yeah. I just don’t understand why someone else would
            care what someone spends money on. Hell my own wife cares less than this guy about what I spend.

Comment

Originally posted by rferg84 View Post
              Yeah. I just don’t understand why someone else would
              care what someone spends money on. Hell my own wife cares less than this guy about what I spend.

😂 And that should put things into perspective for folks

Comment

The last two trucks I’ve had have been diesels, and they will continue to be diesels. I might not pull a trailer everyday or multiple times a week, but when I do it’s usually gonna be around 14,000 pounds. And I drive 1,000 miles a week during a slow week, that would kill a half ton engine, and I’m a lot more comfortable in a bigger truck. My next one will be a 1 ton SRW LB, as long as I have a say as to what I’m driving it’ll be a diesel truck

Comment

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post
                  Lately I have been noticing diesel trucks more than usual. One reason is I have seen some old enough to vote for brand new prices in the Classifieds.

Another is I see folks buying them that cant even hitch a trailer. Like my SIL that has a 2017 Cummins she can't even backup much less hitch a trailer. Also, threads like, "Can I pull my ten foot utility trailer with my daughter's stuffed animals with my top of the line late model half ton?" Look some people just want to drive them and that's cool. If online betting was legal I would bet a happy meal there are at least 5 posters to this thread that say some variation of, "I/THEY can do what I/we want it is personal choice".

Just a PSA for those unsure. Your late model half ton most likely has a max tow in excess of 10k and you don't need to respond to every 25 foot travel trailer thread, is it half ton towable?

No one stepped on my rubber tail. Overpaying for vehicles has been a pet peeve of mine since my reading "The Millionaire Next Door" and "Total Money Makeover".

well said....I just noticed an 05 model diesel for $30k....gimmee a break

Comment

Seems a little high

Comment

Haha at the comments. All the "who cares what somebody drives" guys are standing in line to comment when someone drives a Prius.

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                        Haha at the comments. All the "who cares what somebody drives" guys are standing in line to comment when someone drives a Prius.

Well in their defense, a Prius is a chick car. I'd have to take out the front seat to drive one.

Comment

Let's Discuss Diesel Trucks and Sanity --> Why

It's the KIA drivers that are the worst on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            Well in their defense, a Prius is a chick car. I'd have to take out the front seat to drive one.

I guess it depends on what you have to prove. Dreamer has had some pretty awesome threads/hunts out of his. Stick with The who gives a F.

Comment

Originally posted by dfkoon View Post
                              Let's Discuss Diesel Trucks and Sanity --> Why

It's the KIA drivers that are the worst on the road.
                              I make a point to avoid KIA drivers! It's like they put as much thought and caring into driving as they do car ownership.

Also, am I the only one who thinks that Chrysler/Dodge 300/Charger/Magnum drivers drive like obnoxious jerks??

Comment

To the OP.....I would find a way to depreciate your vehicles for your cattle business

If he is having to borrow his dads truck to haul cattle then I would say he needs a new truck. Maybe buy a newer used 6.2 liter ford. My neighbor just bought one to pull his 30” travel trailer a dozen or so times a year and he loves it.

The new car vs. used car debate many times is moot. I can’t say I ever saved Any money driving used vs. buying new, but my situation & need in vehicles is different than most people.

I will say you will get more back on your trade in on a diesel. Mine costs slightly more to maintain than my gas truck but not all that much and is worth it in comfort and towing to me. If I didn’t pull a heavy for a 1/2 Ton trailer 4x’s a week I would drive a crew cab 1/2 Ton instead of a diesel, but when I was shopped I did notice the price difference between them wasn’t all that much when it was said and done.

Comment

Working...
                                X