The other 13 thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
    If you can hunt him the next 10 days, I would keep at it with your bow! It seems that he is liking the corn, and you haven't really spooked him. It would be SO MUCH more satisfying to take him with your bow!

Don't get impatient if you have the time. Just keep at it, as frustrating as it can be. Think about how pumped you will be if you wait him out and get it done with your bow! Anybody can shoot a good buck with a rife at 200 yards, but how many can get it done with a bow at 15 yards? This buck is yours. You own him!
    Tomorrow is the last chance with a bow and the wind is wrong. Would have to be with a muzzleloader after tomorrow. Unless I read wrong.

Good luck with him however you go after him. Hes a nice buck for sure.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
      Tomorrow is the last chance with a bow and the wind is wrong. Would have to be with a muzzleloader after tomorrow. Unless I read wrong.

I agree with Burnadell. I would bow hunt him on a bad wind. I know most wouldn't, but I would

Comment

The other 13 thread...

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
        If you can hunt him the next 10 days, I would keep at it with your bow! It seems that he is liking the corn, and you haven't really spooked him. It would be SO MUCH more satisfying to take him with your bow!

Don't get impatient if you have the time. Just keep at it, as frustrating as it can be. Think about how pumped you will be if you wait him out and get it done with your bow! Anybody can shoot a good buck with a rife at 200 yards, but how many can get it done with a bow at 15 yards? This buck is yours. You own him!

I know! But tomorrow is the end of General season. The next 9 days would be with a muzzle loader.

I have a new plan now though. My neighbor is burning huge piles of leaves to my southeast. Smoke everywhere.

My clothes are hanging on the porch smoking all night.
        If it’s still smokey in the morning I have a pile raked up in my back yard i will light and stand around for a few minutes and then hunt under the cover of the smoke. The smoke is going straight to my stand a few 100 yards behind my house. My 15 yard shot will be cross wind and I’ll be 25’ up a pine tree. This may actually work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
          I agree with Burnadell. I would bow hunt him on a bad wind. I know most wouldn't, but I would
          Wind ruins more hunts than not. But at the end of the year, last sit, heck maybe why not. If nothing else he gets another year.

Comment

Oh man, I hope you get him in the morning before the rain starts! I think you made a good call. I'll check in right after church in hopes of seein' some great LDP's...

Comment

Good luck.

Comment

Go get him!!! Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                  Oh man, I hope you get him in the morning before the rain starts! I think you made a good call. I'll check in right after church in hopes of seein' some great LDP's...

I may attend church in my camo!

Comment

Originally posted by Hix View Post
                    I know! But tomorrow is the end of General season. The next 9 days would be with a muzzle loader.

I have a new plan now though. My neighbor is burning huge piles of leaves to my southeast. Smoke everywhere.

My clothes are hanging on the porch smoking all night.
                    If it’s still smokey in the morning I have a pile raked up in my back yard i will light and stand around for a few minutes and then hunt under the cover of the smoke. The smoke is going straight to my stand a few 100 yards behind my house. My 15 yard shot will be cross wind and I’ll be 25’ up a pine tree. This may actually work!

You got yourself a helluva plan there.

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post

Yeah, I forgot about the bow season end since I don't bow hunt up here.

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Good luck this morning. Whats your final game plan?

Comment

Walking in. Bow only. Covered with smoke!

Comment

Awesome. Good luck.

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                                X