New Hagerman draw procedure in 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Perkins7581 View Post
    Maybe if they would stop all the scouting were people aren’t in there everyday for two months before the first draw hunt y’all would have better luck!
    Nope
    It's public land. Open to the "public"...

Comment

"offer hunting opportunities to a larger audience."

IE Out of state applicants

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
        At my age I'll never get in again...
        I know that feeling.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
          "offer hunting opportunities to a larger audience."

IE Out of state applicants
          Out of state applicants can apply now.

Comment

I hope it isn't like the state draw odds. I draw the H about every 3 years. Might not draw it again if the applicants go from 900 to 9,000.

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
              At my age I'll never get in again...
              Have you ever taken a buck at Hagerman?

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                Have you ever taken a buck at Hagerman?
                I don't think he has, but I'm sure he will tell us!

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
                  That's incorrect.

Also in the 2018 Regulation/Information

"Hunter Requirements Proficiency: Successful completion of a proficiency test, dated May 1, 2018 or later, with a score of 80% or more is required. The test must be taken on a standard archery testing course (10-8-5-0 scoring) with no target more than 30 yards and a minimum of 14 targets. A tournament scorecard, signed by a tournament range officer, will suffice as proof of proficiency. "
                  Yep I didn't even read that portion. I just read the new portion. Looks like it is still part of the process this year.

Comment

Never have deer hunted at the H, but having 3 points going into this draw I sure hope I get the chance. I hope too that if a doe presents itself that I will be able to get the golden ticket for next year. I hate that it was turned over TPWD for the draw and the public didn't get to vote or have their input on that.

Comment

The TPWD draw is pretty much a joke on how it is run! Just my .02$

Comment

Not happy with this decision.

Comment

Originally posted by HuntGirl View Post
                          The only thing changing is the application process. Once TPWD does the drawing the results will be turned over to Hagerman. You will be contacted by Hagerman to do your efficiency shoot and submit your fee; then Hagerman will issue the permit. Right now it is not known whether or not preference points will continue or the doe incentive. Everything is still being worked out. This request is coming from above the local level. Most of the other refuges in Texas that have hunts already have TPWD do their drawing process. The US Fish & Wildlife priority is to make our hunts more consistent across the state and offer hunting opportunities to a larger audience.
                          HuntGirl, I have a notion your affiliated with the H, TPWD, or actually FWS. Just curious, it's interesting that you've joined in NOV 2015 and offered quite a bit of insight on this topic so promptly, especially for your very first post ever on TBH.

Comment

All good things must come to an end... easy state dollars they see

Comment

2018 regs still say doe gets a pass for 2019

Comment

Originally posted by tef View Post
                                I just read that too. Wow, that sucks. I noticed it stated "required" to be a part of TPWD public draw system. Curious as to what initiated that move. It could take many years before getting drawn under that system.
                                TPWD wants their fingers in everything ... on another subject, can't even launch a boat any more without paying, is why I sold mine!

Comment

Working...
                                X