X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beginner's luck - I am selected!

See y'all out there.

Comment

Miracles never cease! I actually got drawn. This will be my first public hunting adventure, so any tips or warnings would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by jmaustin View Post
        Heck ya!! Just got the email, skills test here I come!

Who says mondays are bad?
        SAME HERE!!! First timer here!!! AND I got called for a interview as well. BEST MONDAY EVER!!! Until football starts!

Comment

Got drawn and first pub lands here

Comment

If anyone is using a boat for access they can hunt where I set up last year. PM me and I can tell you where to avoid people. I am not hunting out there this year.

Comment

The lack of rain may close the lake again and make it impossible to reach some of the lake... Any ideas how to get around that?

Comment

congrats guys. i decided not to put my app this year, got my own place. put in the time, there are some good ones out there.

Comment

Originally posted by SMOOTHboar View Post
                  The lack of rain may close the lake again and make it impossible to reach some of the lake... Any ideas how to get around that?
                  if it is same as last year, they just close the boat launch ramps. they will still let you hand-launch (i.e. canoe or flat-bottom, etc.).

Comment

I'm in! I don't own a boat so I will be hiking in but not to far.

Comment

Hey guys, new to texasbowhunter.com and bow hunting in general. Have used rifles my whole life and my girlfriend's dad gave me one of his old bows a few months ago, and now I can't put it down. I got picked for Lake Georgetown too, so I am excited and look forward to meeting some of you guys at orientation. Let me know if anyone wants to go scout some spots with me sometime soon.

Comment

when can you scout?

Comment

Originally posted by jmaustin View Post
                          Heck ya!! Just got the email, skills test here I come!

Who says mondays are bad?
                          x2

Comment

I'm in as well, 1st time hunting out there

Comment

Originally posted by Z7buckmaster View Post
                              when can you scout?
                              You can scout today. It is public land after all

Comment

Heck yah! I'm in too. First time for me too. Does anyone know of a place to do the skills test in San Antonio?

Comment

Working...
                                X