Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YLEKeyeOT View Post
    there was prolly a map in the office where you dropped off your app. but here's a link for you...

http://www.swf-wc.usace.army.mil/geo...02012-2013.pdf
    Thanks YLEKeyeOT

Comment

quarter

If I harvest a deer out there are the trees big enough for me to hoist it up and quarter it right there? How far off the road do I need to be will I get in trouble if hikers see me cutting up a deer out there?

Comment

Falling: I've got some of the same questions. I imagine all of this will be gone over at the orientation IF I manage to get drawn. That possibility is remote though, as my success rate in drawing tags over the years has been less than stellar.

Don't know how many people signed up, though I would guess between 120-130 from the last day reports. I'm told there are 100 permits. Some are exempt from the draw, though I don't know how many. Hopefully, it will be at least a 50-50 shot to get drawn.

I don't like my chances.

Comment

and the wait begans..................tic toc tic toc

Comment

Originally posted by Falling View Post
            If I harvest a deer out there are the trees big enough for me to hoist it up and quarter it right there? How far off the road do I need to be will I get in trouble if hikers see me cutting up a deer out there?
            If it is like last year, if you harvest anything you must take it to a check station to have it weighed (and measured if buck) in order to get your tag. You can field dress "in the wild" in fact they encourage this as they want to weigh them dressed out.

As mentioned in another post, they'll cover all that in the orientation (along with what areas will be closed to hunting). Things change from year to year and a lot of folks get irritated about that and drop out.

Bottom line is get a good cart with big wheels or expect to be dragging! Saw one deer last year at the check station that had absolutely no hair on one side.

Comment

Originally posted by Don View Post
              I don't like my chances.
              I'm guessing odds is like 77 percent or so.
              Much better than Vegas odds.

Comment

Double G Archery in G'town - qualifying now!

I'm IN!

Just qualified at Double G Archery. In case you didn't know, Paul and crew are set up this year and they are doing it nicely. Here's what you can expect:

indoor range with brand new 3D targets

Javalina - standing at 15 yds.
                Doe - grazing at 18 yds.
                Goat - standing at 20 yds.
                Doe - bedded at 22 yds.
                Spike - standing at 25 yds.

3 rounds - 1 arrow per target

They'll score you between each round when you're pulling arrows.

Be sure to take a look at the kill zones on each target as some are not exactly where you might expect. Watch out for that stupid goat! I swear that thing moves!!

Comment

Originally posted by YLEKeyeOT View Post
                  I'm IN!

Just qualified at Double G Archery. In case you didn't know, Paul and crew are set up this year and they are doing it nicely. Here's what you can expect:

indoor range with brand new 3D targets

Javalina - standing at 15 yds.
                  Doe - grazing at 18 yds.
                  Goat - standing at 20 yds.
                  Doe - bedded at 22 yds.
                  Spike - standing at 25 yds.

3 rounds - 1 arrow per target

They'll score you between each round when you're pulling arrows.

Be sure to take a look at the kill zones on each target as some are not exactly where you might expect. Watch out for that stupid goat! I swear that thing moves!!
                  Whats the cost?

Comment

Originally posted by jrwest66 View Post
                    Whats the cost?
                    $20

Comment

Archery country is a 2d target 15 shots at 20yr. $15.00
                      U NEED T SCORE AT LEAST 120 PTS=80%
                      Last edited by Z7buckmaster; 07-06-2012, 01:56 PM.

Comment

do they both require a 80% score ? Really just a difference of 5 bucks I guess

Comment

Final number submitted was 127. 30 hunters were exempt and all turned in their application again this year.

SO... there will be 70 spots available for the 97 that submitted.

We should hear back sometime next week.

Comment

72% chance to get drawn not to bad odds.

Comment

I did the IBO at G&G yesterday. It was my first time to shoot 3D and it was a blast. Good luck to all on the draw.

Comment

Heck ya!! Just got the email, skills test here I come!

Who says mondays are bad?

Comment

Working...
                                X