Ranch property question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ranch property question

I was browsing around and found a listing on a property that is selling for $320k. Here's the thing It's 226 acres. Comes out to under $1500/acre. Can anybody explain why most properties near it are selling for almost 2 times that price?
    I've always wanted to own land and I want to learn more about it before making any bad decisions.

Here's the link

Man not sure but hope something like this is around in the next 5 yrs

Comment

No electricity, no house/structures....do the other properties have those?

Comment

Lack of water probably has something or a lot to do with it. You should contact a realtor familiar with the area and see what they think.

Comment

maybe no minerals to convey if in an O&G area would make it cheaper?

Comment

It looks like a 226 acre lot in a larger ranch. I have seen lots of them 25-50 acre ones for sale for $30,000

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
              No electricity, no house/structures....do the other properties have those?
              No house or structure is true, But other properties in the area/county also don't have houses. I saw one with an unfinished house that was $330k for only 120 acres I think. And one with about 100 acres for $230k or so.

Comment

Like others have said I would be curious to see what it would cost to add utilities. That cost may be a jaw dropper.

Comment

Originally posted by 290WEST View Post
                  maybe no minerals to convey if in an O&G area would make it cheaper?
                  I've been browsing ranch properties for a while, and I haven't seen minerals convey with land unless the property was in the millions of dollars. So I wouldn't imagine that has much to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
                    Lack of water probably has something or a lot to do with it. You should contact a realtor familiar with the area and see what they think.
                    That makes sense. I just got into realty, but I'm in Corpus. That's a good idea to contact a realtor in the area.

Comment

maybe because it has an HOA it looks like w no mobile homes allowed. most likely part of a big ranch that was subdivided. i think land is cheaper per acre for these larger ranches that get
                      subdivided as opposed to some acreage thats not and has no restrictions. not sure though, just a guess.

Comment

Originally posted by klepdo View Post
                        It looks like a 226 acre lot in a larger ranch. I have seen lots of them 25-50 acre ones for sale for $30,000
                        this^^

Comment

Originally posted by LillDragun View Post
                          I've been browsing ranch properties for a while, and I haven't seen minerals convey with land unless the property was in the millions of dollars. So I wouldn't imagine that has much to do with it.
                          yeah, not a historically producing area either

Comment

Originally posted by 290WEST View Post
                            maybe because it has an HOA it looks like w no mobile homes allowed. most likely part of a big ranch that was subdivided. i think land is cheaper per acre for these larger ranches that get
                            subdivided as opposed to some acreage thats not and has no restrictions. not sure though, just a guess.
                            Okay, I saw that and wasn't sure if I understood that correctly. I didn't know people did that.

Comment

I'm going to guess its because of the utilities not being on the property. It would probably cost a small fortune to get it there and the price takes that into account.

Comment

Working...
                              X