Hagerman Hog Hunt Segment A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am now at mi casa. I came out there with two goals:
    Fill my freezer and to snuggle with a TBH’er I’d never snuggle with before.

I was successful. And it was awesome.

So was killing pigs. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No pics!

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
        No pics!
        Just to clarify pics of the hunt not the snugglefest!!

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
          I am now at mi casa. I came out there with two goals:
          Fill my freezer and to snuggle with a TBH’er I’d never snuggle with before.

I was successful. And it was awesome.

So was killing pigs. [emoji6]

Ha ! Did he live up to his screen name?

Comment

We had a hard time finding them on Friday. I was with a group of 4 and we had one guy shoot one at 9am that he did not recover. We spent the rest of the day trying to figure out where they were as it seems the heavy rains had made them move around a bit. We saw a few in the evening and started seeing more sign. Saturday morning we kept exploring and found 4 around 9am and got shots into 3 of them. Recovered 2 of them a 150lb sow and a 70lb sow. Around noon we jumped 2 that we’re bedded and got 4 shots on one watched it go down and then got a shot at another. When we went back for the other it was gone. We found a slight blood trail and followed it for a few hundred yards to the edge of the property. That evening we ended up surrounding a few smal Sounders and recovered another 50lb sow and likely killed another big one but with it being late and close to dark did not look long. It was a great hunt and most people we were talking to were seeing hogs. We are done after 2 hard days. Hope everyone does great out there.

Comment

congrats ^^^

Comment

last day, any TBH hunters still hunting?

good luck

Comment

We were only able to hunt Saturday in Goode. Ran into two groups but only had a real chance with one and blew it. Not as many sightings as we had last time (two years ago) and as of Saturday PM there weren’t a ton of kills in the log book. Kind of thinking the helicopter hunt put a pretty solid dent in them.

Comment

My dad and I had a good hunt this weekend. We jumped pigs 7 times over two half days of hunting. We found 4 and one other was hit. It was a great hunt but I was shocked to see that many pigs still there after the helicopter hunt.

Comment

I was worried about their numbers and not being able to find them but once we figured out where they were feeding we saw several groups. They still seem to be pretty thick.

Comment

Originally posted by Texscala View Post
                        I was worried about their numbers and not being able to find them but once we figured out where they were feeding we saw several groups. They still seem to be pretty thick.
                        Yep I don't think the helicopter hunt can even keep the numbers at bay.

Comment

Originally posted by Shake N' Bake View Post
                          Yep I don't think the helicopter hunt can even keep the numbers at bay.

Yep. Whatever hogs were killed by da choppa have probably already been replaced by offspring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

are they hitting the food plots

Comment

I noticed that they didn’t plant much food plots this year. The back two wheat fields on BM was overgrown except for about a 10 yard strip around the plots.

Comment

I just got an email from friends of Hagerman that said 65 pigs were killed.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X