Which Magnus Broadhead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Magnus Broadhead?

I have in the past used Magnus stingers, but like the looks of the Snuffers, and don't rule out the hornets. So those who have used any combo of these broadheads, did one seem to tune easier or have better flight characteristics? I don't have any worries about performance on game but if one seemed better to than the other toss that in there too. I will be shooting most likely 100 grain heads at about 290 FPS. Will be used on whitetail and possibly elk. Thanks

I've been using the 125 gr 4 blade buzzcuts. I can't speak to any of the other heads. Frankly, I haven't had a need to test them. The buzzcuts simply fly straight, punch deep, and cut viciously. The shoot right on with field points out to 50 yards. I haven't tried them beyond that. I shot a 100lb hog with one last season at 8 yards. It passed cleanly through and stuck firmly in the ground on the opposite side. The hog ran 50-60 yards. After the first 15 yards, the blood trail looked as if it was poured from a bucket. I don't think I'll be switching any time soon.

Comment

I use the basic two blade. They fly like field points, and they are very easy to sharpen.

The Magnus warranty will replace any damaged broadheads that you send back to them. I called their office to confirm and they said, yes, send the damaged ones back to us and the factory will send you new ones in return. Can't beat that.

Comment

Originally posted by banzai View Post
        I use the basic two blade. They fly like field points, and they are very easy to sharpen.

The Magnus warranty will replace any damaged broadheads that you send back to them. I called their office to confirm and they said, yes, send the damaged ones back to us and the factory will send you new ones in return. Can't beat that.
        Im a fan of the plane old two blades myself.

Comment

Black hornets... they put a good hole in a deer

Comment

I'm a Stinger man myself.

Comment

Originally posted by banzai View Post

I’ve always been scared that the two extra blades could mean the difference in nicking an artery or not during pass through. Just a hang up I have.

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
                Black hornets... they put a good hole in a deer

x2 plus they fly great!

Comment

I like the black hornets.

Comment

I like the Stingers

Low angle and easy to sharpen.

Watched my daughter zip one through a ram at 20yds with 38#

Also can't beat their warranty, if you can find it, they will replace if it is broken/bent

Comment

I like the glue-on Snuffers that are already put together and have used them for years. Easy to sharpen and fly well when tuned. About the tuning...2 out of 6 fly perfect right out of the package; 2 of them you'll have to sweat off and re-glue, and 1 or 2 just won't get right. Warranty: awesome when you tear one up. I glanced an arrow off a running coyote's back once and it went right into a T-post. Mangled the Snuffer pretty good. I was on the phone with them a few weeks later asking about sending back 6 Snuffers that I couldn't get to tune. I jokingly asked if they'd replace the one that hit the T-post. The guy said, "you bet, send it in." Good broadheads, IMO.

Comment

I’m a huge fan of the Black Hornets. They are wicked accurate and leave huge entry and exit holes on deer. I’m impressed with mine.

Comment

I like the buzz cuts.

Comment

I've had great success with the Buzz Cuts. I shoot 125 grains and have used the 2 and the 4. Had an issue with them last fall but I think my bow was buggered and I didn't have time/ability to get it squared away. Been shooting them with success for 5 years. (when my bow isn't dodgy)

Comment

For me I like the Magnus stingers 4 blade. The only reason I like them over the buzzcuts is because I can't easily resharpen the buzzcuts. I've killed a ton of pigs with both and honestly can't say one is better then the other as far as killing or blood trails go.

Comment

Working...
                              X