TBH Sam Rayburn Crappie weekend!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
    Anyone can go, just call and book a spot. BYOB&B(beer &boat)
    Thank you. I think we are neighbors.

Comment

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post
      I'm in if I can fish on Slews boat
      We will probably have our fishing boat ready by then.

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
        Is going to be at Lake Sam Rayburn the weekend of June 1st through 3rd! I got a cabin rented at Jackson Hill Marina 936-872-9266 for Friday and Sat night! Cabin I booked has a full size fridge and stove to cook beans or what not! Figure we can have a fish fry Sat night. They have 10 small fishermans cabins with 2 beds each for $80 a night 2 night minimum. There's also RV spots for $30 a night and tent spots for $15. This all includes boat launch passes and they have a fish cleaning station. The thriving metropolis of Broadus is about 5 minutes away so you can run there for anything you forget! There's great crappie fishing right out from the marina in the Angelina river arm I believe it is? Not far away is the 147 bridge and several other coves. There's brush all over the lake, timber, bridge columns, nearly any way you want to catch crappie is there. My favorite part of the lake is the sheer numbers of crappie you can catch there! My first trip there was with BTLowry and we probably caught 200-300 fish in 2 days never having seen the lake before. Used that info with what we found the next trip and probabably caught 500 fish in 2 days! I'm pretty confident we can get everybody on some slabs this weekend unless the weather blows us out. In that case there's always drinking beer. I feel I'm pretty good at both!! Looks like there's a $40 non refundable deposit for the cabins so if your like SKLOSS you can book a tent spot! I don't think they charge a deposit for this!

It will be fun to meet some new folks and pile up the slabs!!

Slew
        Says the guy that whined when I showed him a badazz lakehouse that slept 12 for $300/night...

I'm in!!!
        Last edited by SKLOSS; 01-04-2018, 02:22 PM.

Comment

IF there are guys that don't have a boat or would rather fish with a guide I think there are a couple that go out of Jackson Hill. If I was using a guide though I would drive down to Powell and go with Kevin Shivers 409-382-9361. He is likely already booked though.

Comment

This is an open invite for anyone that wants to fish, eat, drink, and be merry. Non-TBHer's welcome as well. I've already spread the word to a 1/2 dozen friends not on the green screen.

If you've never fished the lake don't worry. Todd aka Slew will put us on the fish. Crappie fishing not your thing?? This lake is loaded with bass, catfish, and whites plus anything else with gills. I'll be doing a mixed bag of bass & crappie. Some of my best bass trips have been in areas within site of the 147 bridge. Might even set a jugline or two.

Don't be scared!! Come out and choot da chit with us!!

Comment

Awesome I will try and be there for sure. We used to stay at Jackson Hill all the time. My wife and brother know the owners from going there since they were kids, great people and they do a BUNCH for the Wounded Warriors as they lost their only son in the war i do believe.

Comment

Originally posted by SKLOSS View Post
                This is an open invite for anyone that wants to fish, eat, drink, and be merry. Non-TBHer's welcome as well. I've already spread the word to a 1/2 dozen friends not on the green screen.

If you've never fished the lake don't worry. Todd aka Slew will put us on the fish. Crappie fishing not your thing?? This lake is loaded with bass, catfish, and whites plus anything else with gills. I'll be doing a mixed bag of bass & crappie. Some of my best bass trips have been in areas within site of the 147 bridge. Might even set a jugline or two.

Don't be scared!! Come out and choot da chit with us!!

Yep!! Get your group together and get a place to lay your head lined up and come have a good time! I an probably get anybody lined out that's unsure of what to do Friday night. If not there's plenty of guides around the lake I'm sure would take you out but it's probably not needed if you have a boat and decent electronics! There's gonna be 4 in my sled including little man! We expect 100 fish coolers each day!

If your into trashfish drop some minnows on a pile and see what kinda big green trash fish you can chum up!!!

Comment

I think I'm going to have to join y'all on this trip. I stayed at Jackson hill last year for my first time ever. I've just got a 14ft John boat and we caught a 25lb limit of bass and 2 limits of slab crappie! It was the best crappie fishing I've ever experienced. Extremely healthy colorful fish. we played the wind and found brush with my $99 elite 3x and then we went back the next weekend and did it all over again haha!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                    Yep!! Get your group together and get a place to lay your head lined up and come have a good time! I an probably get anybody lined out that's unsure of what to do Friday night. If not there's plenty of guides around the lake I'm sure would take you out but it's probably not needed if you have a boat and decent electronics! There's gonna be 4 in my sled including little man! We expect 100 fish coolers each day!

If your into trashfish drop some minnows on a pile and see what kinda big green trash fish you can chum up!!!
                    you misspelled bass fish fool!!

Comment

I'm in might have room in my boat.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                          We will probably have our fishing boat ready by then.
                          Sweet, holler at me if so, I have money for gas, Dr pepper, and hand tied jigs for all.

I'll ask my tournament partner if I can pull him away from our usual lakes chasing ditch pickles for the weekend.

Comment

I'm ready!!
                            Attached Files

Comment

I'm pretty sure you could at least see the bridge from where all of these fish were caught....

Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled 4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	24526051

Name:	untitled 5.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	24526052

Name:	untitled 7.jpg