Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Putting on a softball umpire certification clinic

Comment

I was taking the freight trash out after stocking my department in academy, looked up and saw it. Didn't know what it was at the time, but will never forget it.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Frasch Park, attending a golf tournament my youngest son was in.

Comment

Working.

Comment

In NE Texas that day, heard it clearly.

Comment

Ft hood playing army

Comment

I was headed to the fire station (volunteer) for Saturday morning breakfast. The county run us around all over the place that day.

Comment

Me and a couple buddies were sitting about 150 yards outside of the long bridge between Rockport and Lamar in the boat that morning when we heard “something”. One of my buddies said “that sounded like an explosion”, but we didn’t know what it was till the end of the day when we ggot t back to the hotel room.

Comment

I was driving to Dallas, kept seeing cop cars all down the feeder roads and couldn’t figure out why. When I arrived found out about the crash. Turned out the officers we guarding pieces of the wreckage.

Comment

I was at my parent’s house. I was still asleep and my sister came in and woke me crying, telling me the space shuttle had exploded. I was still in a daze so I told her “What are you talking about? That was in 1986.” Then she told me what had happened so I got up to watch the news.

2 guys I’d worked with for a while in college had already graduated and were rookie State Troopers. They both wound up as part of the search team looking for body parts and shuttle pieces. It was interesting to hear them talk about it later.

Comment

For the Challenger in 86 I was working at the old Orange KMart and saw it on one of the TVs in the store. In 2003 I was in the Coast Guard and sitting on the Mississippi Riverbank in Rosedale Ms, just returning off of leave and waiting for my boat to get there so
                        I could get aboard.

Comment

I too was hunting at Matador WMA.
                          I remember the boom, and a bunch of turkeys up the hill shock gobbled. Remember pulling into the camp area later and everyone was in groups listening to their truck radios.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

Poring concrete in Midland Tx.
                            Neighbor came out and told me what the contrails were. Watched them arc SE...

Comment

In 1986, was in 5th grade at recess. We were asked to come back to the classroom and they wheeled in the TV on the tall TV cart and we watched the follow up. Still remember the walk back the room to this day when we learned what happened.

In 2003, I was fishing on Fayette County Reservoir. Saw the streak across the sky. Didn't even know what happened until I got home later that day.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                                Challenger - high school chemistry class
                                Columbia - on my way to IBO Winter Nationals in Gatesville - it went over us.
                                Same here... several of us had just stepped out of the McDonald's when we heard the first boom.

Comment

Working...
                                X