No announcement yet.

Passenger forcible removed from flight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread just proves the saying in the movie A Few Good Men. You can't handle the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckley99 View Post
      How many threads did you have to read through to drop your "million miler" title? Congrats on showing everyone that flight miles and likability are not directly correlated.
      It wasn't done boastfully...simply to show i know wth i'm talking abt...based on experience...not what i read & frankly it's not something i care to brag abt...it's a scarlet letter, not an achievement...my professional choices did not come w/o personal sacrifice...if you think it is...you have obviously never had to make that choice

BTW honoring a contract i engage in rates higher than a temper tantrum too b/c i was uninformed abt a contract i committed to when i swiped my cc
      Last edited by RodinaRanč; 04-10-2017, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
        He's right. Read page 42 from the link he posted.

Typical tbh....lots of guys with a strong opinion but ignore the facts

No opinion on the video yet b/c I havent watched it.

[ATTACH]849805[/ATTACH]
        I'm missing the part that allows them to assault you?

Comment

If anyone is boycotting United and giving away their air miles over this dumb A passenger......I'll take them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RodinaRan View Post
            It wasn't done boastfully...simply to show i know wth i'm talking abt...based on experience...not what i read & frankly it's not something i care to brag abt...it's a scarlet letter, not an achievement...my professional choices did not come w/o personal sacrifice...if you think it is...you have obviously never had to make that choice

BTW honoring a contract i engage in rates higher than a temper tantrum too b/c i was uninformed abt a contract i committed to when i swiped my cc

What exactly is it that you do for a living?

Comment

Originally posted by Biggs View Post
              For $800, I'd do a lot of things

Pm sent.[emoji23]

Comment

Really don't quite understand why some insist on arguing the fine print of "contracts of carriage". Why is it difficult to comprehend the common sense way of conducting civilized business? In this particular situation United was obviously penny wise and pound foolish. They wouldn't go higher than $800 to get a seated passenger to voluntarily give up their seat on the plane, so they opted to call in law enforcement to create a multi-million dollar public relations fiasco. Stupid move. Period.

Comment

I own a small consulting firm..we do mfg & supply chain process design & design/develop/implement ERP & MES systems..formerly worked @ IBM in a couple different global services practices

1/2 arse exotic deer guy on side
                  Last edited by RodinaRanč; 04-10-2017, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                    Really don't quite understand why some insist on arguing the fine print of "contracts of carriage". Why is it difficult to comprehend the common sense way of conducting civilized business? In this particular situation United was obviously penny wise and pound foolish. They wouldn't go higher than $800 to get a seated passenger to voluntarily give up their seat on the plane, so they opted to call in law enforcement to create a multi-million dollar public relations fiasco. Stupid move. Period.
                    I can only speak for myself...but i argue it only b/c it's a contract he entered into when he bought the ticket. No different than breaking a law & subsequently claiming ignorance of that law as an excuse... if he wasn't aware of it..he should have been, while I understand most average travelers may not even know it exists, that's no excuse for throwing a tantrum when it's enforced
                    Last edited by RodinaRanč; 04-10-2017, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RodinaRanč View Post

I used to be on a plane/traveling 280+ days a year and, yes, it's definitely a scarlet letter. I decided to make a change when it took me 30 minutes of laying in a hotel bed (and a quick peek at the phone book) to remember what city I was in.

Comment

Exactly folks that think travel is adventurous ...have not done enough of it...july will be 20yrs for me...12 owning my own firm...i do not do global anymore...

Comment

Originally posted by RodinaRanč View Post
                          I can only speak for myself...but i argue it only b/c it's a contract he entered into when he bought the ticket. No different than breaking a law & subsequently claiming ignorace of that law as an excuse... if he wasn't aware of it..he should have been, while I understand most average travelers may not even know it exists, that's no excuse for throwing a tantrum when it's enforced
                          You and United continue to miss the point. Simply not the right thing to do.
                          Plenty of other options. Plenty of ways to get the extra employees where they needed to be. You may know contracts, but seem to lack understanding of the consequences when enforced to the letter. Sometimes, judgment is called for.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                            The other question is this. If it was you getting screwed and kicked off, how would you handle it?

A) be understandably mad, argue your case then leave peaceably swearing to never fly with them again. Write letters of complaint, blog about it and tell everyone you know.
                            B) lay on the floor and act like a toddler throwing a fit at WalMart because MeeMaw won't by you gummy bears

Have some self respect dude.
                            He wasn't laying on the floor by choice. He was knocked the *^%# out.

Comment

Believe me when i say, i suspect if they had alternate options...they would have exercised them..last thing they want is to pull folks off a plane...for many reasons...PR being the least of them

Sure there are consequences...this was just the least painful one..PR issue or not...it's a game of chess...not checkers

This isn't bad...wait till they put a dead head pilot in an empty 1st class seat as opposed to the next guy on the upgrade list who does have status that's when feathers are ruffled...

After you do it long enough...you don't really care where you sit...you just want to get from A to B as quickly as possible
                              Last edited by RodinaRanč; 04-10-2017, 09:46 PM.

Comment

If I said I didn't chuckle when I saw them dragging him away,glasses a mess and belly hanging out....I'd be lying. Looked like something out of a movie.

I know it's actually a serious conversation everyone is having about the incident. But being serious just isn't my thing most of the time.
                                Last edited by okrattler; 04-10-2017, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X