No announcement yet.

*New Texas Record!*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If y'all had the money to hunt anywhere you wanted you wouldn't hunt a maybe see a deer lease in east Texas or Young county. You would hunt the best place you had the discretionary funds to afford. Just like Tom Miranda going for super slams all around the world. If I had the money I would be taking hunts all over with guides getting me to the animal and telling me which one to shoot as well. I hunt within my means but that doesn't mean I don't dream of bigger and better.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
      If y'all had the money to hunt anywhere you wanted you wouldn't hunt a maybe see a deer lease in east Texas or Young county. You would hunt the best place you had the discretionary funds to afford.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk
      I would be spending some money on hunts for sure, but no way it would be at the highest priced kick and shoot in Texas.

Comment

I noticed the post’s title has an asterisk by the word record. Is that like the asterisk by Barry Bonds’ Home run record?

Nice deer! You can’t shoot a deer like that without expecting some high fence/GMO/protein comments. Different strokes for different folks.

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
          Congrats to the harvester..
          I see what you did there.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
            It's amazing how big places like that can't get antlers to grow

Congrats to the shooter
            I hope youre being sarcastic, cause last i checked 500 acres is not a big place.

Comment

Wow! What a deer!

Originally posted by Flint knapper View Post
              I always wondered if I was to shoot one behind a high fence, if I would even mount it or not? Probably not!
              Why's that? Because high fenced deer are stupid, and too easy to kill?

Comment

It's pretty dang amazing to watch ...

I'm not hatin, but ...

Ef effers, thats the effing definition of hating. Hunter never told anyone what they had to do. He did what he wanted, and got what he wanted. Be happy for the man despite what you think personally. It's not difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
                  Guide- ok, he's usually at this feeder around the next corner
                  Hunter- yep there he is
                  Guide- you ready? Put your rifle out the window slowly.
                  Hunter- can you drive me closer?
                  Guide- yeah but we're at 25 yds now.
                  Hunter- you sure that's the one that costs me $25 g's?
                  Guide- yeah.
                  Hunter- how much is the one over there that the owner is hand feeding right now?
                  Guide- another $10 g's
                  Hunter- i'm gonna take that one.
                  Guide- let the owner move away first before you shoot.
                  Hunter- why? We're only 20 yds now, I gotta 20 power zeiss, it costs me $1800, I think I can hit him.
                  Guide- ok, go ahead.
                  bang!!
                  Guide- you smoked him.
                  Hunter- I like that phrase, can I use it later?
                  Guide- well, I have a patent on it, but you can for a small fee.
                  Hunter- where'd the owner go?
                  Guide- he took out runnin.......
                  Your contributions, to this thread, and this forum are much appreciated!

By probably no one.

Comment

Originally posted by shaft_slinger00 View Post
                    I hope youre being sarcastic, cause last i checked 500 acres is not a big place.
                    When I said "how big places like that". I wasn't talking about acreage I was talking about antlers. "How big"= Antlers. "places" = high fences breeding ranches.

Comment

Hey texastaxi- thanks for the compliment. Your sarcasm is a joke. I'm assuming you're a taxidermist because of your avatar name. If so, you're probly ticked by my humor because it might put a dent in the rediculous prices you charge to have a shoulder mount done these days. Again, I'm only assuming you're a taxidermist, I could b wrong. You tried to bash me, so back atcha.

Comment

What a toad!

Comment

Great deer

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                            Your contributions, to this thread, and this forum are much appreciated!

By probably no one.
                            I actually thought it was funny.

Comment

Hey texastaxi- thanks for the compliment. Your sarcasm is a joke. I'm assuming you're a taxidermist because of your avatar name. If so, you're probly ticked by my humor because it might put a dent in the rediculous prices you charge to have a shoulder mount done these days. Again, I'm only assuming you're a taxidermist, I could b wrong. You tried to bash me, so back atcha.
                              I do taxidermy as a hobby, and since I have a full time job that more than supports my lifestyle, I am able to pick who I do work for, and most of that work does come from high fenced ranches. The same people that can afford to hunt on those high fenced ranches, can also afford my "ridiculous" prices, even though you have no idea what I charge for a shoulder mount.

No hard feelings here; your humor will not put a dent in my prices ... whatever that means.

Comment

Guide- ok, he's usually at this feeder around the next corner
                                Hunter- yep there he is
                                Guide- you ready? Put your rifle out the window slowly.
                                Hunter- can you drive me closer?
                                Guide- yeah but we're at 25 yds now.
                                Hunter- you sure that's the one that costs me $25 g's?
                                Guide- yeah.
                                Hunter- how much is the one over there that the owner is hand feeding right now?
                                Guide- another $10 g's
                                Hunter- i'm gonna take that one.
                                Guide- let the owner move away first before you shoot.
                                Hunter- why? We're only 20 yds now, I gotta 20 power zeiss, it costs me $1800, I think I can hit him.
                                Guide- ok, go ahead.
                                bang!!
                                Guide- you smoked him.
                                Hunter- I like that phrase, can I use it later?
                                Guide- well, I have a patent on it, but you can for a small fee.
                                Hunter- where'd the owner go?
                                Guide- he took out runnin.......
                                [emoji23] Lol exactly how that probably went down..

I know I know "different strokes for different folks" "personal preference" all that yada yada yada, but this is everything that's wrong with deer hunting in Texas IMO. At what point is enough enough?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X