Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texas Youth Hunting Program, 2016-17 Season!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday morning up.

Comment

I think this is one of the best programs in the country. My kids have gone on tyhp hunts:
      I have been part of my kids harvesting their first deer:

My sons first axis and turkey with a bow:

It comes down to getting to experience the smiles and success of young hunters:

If you have kids put them in for hunts you will have the time of your life there.

Comment

TYHP is a great operation. My son started hunting with them when he was 9 and had great experiences. He is 17 now and this will be his first season not hunting as a youth.

Comment

Welder Wildlife Refuge

I was fortunate enough, after I became a Huntmaster, to run hunts on the Welder Ranch for five years. What a blessing it was to have them open up their facilities to us. The rewarding part for me know is when I see those youngsters that I took hunting around town somewhere and they reminisce about the hunt. Jerry Warden was my mentor when I came through and he developed one heck of a program that always included God and prayers during the hunts. As I mentioned earlier, reach out to those less fortunate and introduce a kid to hunting and the outdoors. As you can see from the post, your TYHP experience will touch lives.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Poco View Post
            Rack,

I do agree with you to a point.

However the hunt we went on every one of the parents were hunters and several had leases including myself. Most signed there kids up for the same reasons I did. Its not about the hunt but more the experience and the kids interacting with other kids. These days kids including mine get caught up with there TV and phones. My daughter had a blast hanging out and being around kids she's never met before. The kill was just a plus for her. I thought that was the biggest thing about the weekend and why I will sign her up again.

Yes I can take my daughters to our lease everyday of the week but they will not get the experience she got from her TYHP hunt cause other than her sisters there isn't other kids her age there. Its still fun of course. Ive tried to take a couple of her friends out there before but the parents didn't go for it.

To do my part I have told many parents about the TYHP program.

Ray

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            This is spot on!!! I will be entering my daughter in these hints and have a lease we hunt also. Every year I introduce someone to hunting and archery. I don't feel bad for wanting my kid to experience some other hunts with kids their age.

Comment

ttt...

We now have over 50 hunts on our schedule, and more are being added all the time!

Comment

I'm going to look into this for my 13 yo girl

Comment

Thursday bump.

Comment

ttt....

Now 60+ hunts posted...

You must log in to apply, hunters are drawn 30 days prior to the hunt date. You will only be notified if you are selected for the hunt. To view the calendar without an account, click on LOG IN, then click on the TWA Logo.

Comment

I just signed up yesterday with this program. I will be providing a deer & hog hunt at my place for four youngsters this coming October. Looking forward it.

Comment

My boy has 1 more year before he qualifies for the chance

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTK View Post
                          I just signed up yesterday with this program. I will be providing a deer & hog hunt at my place for four youngsters this coming October. Looking forward it.
                          Awesome!!

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
                            Awesome!!
                            Back at ya , I saw where you have some hunts scheduled as well.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTK View Post
                              Back at ya , I saw where you have some hunts scheduled as well.
                              Originally posted by Encinal View Post
                              Awesome!!
                              I have two kids that I have signed up. It means a lot to our family. I hope to shake your hand in person if we get drawn, but for now please accept our gratitude.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm kinda partial to this group too....

Click image for larger version

Name:	B& D w deer & hog (Medium).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	197.4 KB
ID:	24457875

Click image for larger version

Name:	Video - B & Bucky Leaning back2 (Medium).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	176.3 KB