Pope and Young and sight lights.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pope and Young and sight lights.

I did a search for this on here and didn't see anything so I want the green screens opinions or facts. Im not sure on the issue, but is there a restriction or used to be one about shooting a deer that will go p&y but your sight is equipped with a pin light ( whether you used it or not) that would restrict it from being eligible for p&y. I thought I heard a few years ago that you couldn't enter one if it was shot and you were equipped with a pin light. Figured since they are so popular now adays that would be lifted. If it hasn't already been done.

Not lifted.
    Electronic device on bow or arrow.

Comment

violation...........thus not elgible for P&Y as currently written. YES, they need to update quite a few things about the organization or they are going to loose more status moving forward!

Comment

http://www.pope-young.org/bowhunting_equipment.asp

The Pope and Young Club has established the following standard definitions of bowhunting equipment.

I. Hunting Bow

C. Exclusions:

1. The following shall not be considered a hunting bow:

a) A crossbow.
        b) Any device with a gun-type stock or incorporating any device or mechanism that holds the bowstring at partial or full draw without the shooter’s muscle power.
        c) Electronic or battery-powered devices shall not be attached to a hunting bow.

Also if you have a lighted nock you are prohibited:

II. Hunting Arrow

B. Exclusions:

1. No electronic or battery-powered devices shall be attached to the arrow.

P&Y is old school bow hunting... based upon these priciples:
        Challenge
        Simplicity
        Primitive
        Discipline
        Patience
        Practice
        Perseverance
        Skill
        Outdoorsmanship
        Craftsmanship

In other words in our life time They aint EVER gonna allow it.
        Last edited by Coach W; 08-06-2012, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Remember this also, it states "no electronic devices attached to the hunting bow". this means also if you take a watch and take the band off and attach it to your bow for knowing the time and not having to wear a watch, this technically makes any P&Y animal you kill, inelgible for entry.

Comment

Ok thanks guys... Wasn't sure, my light is removable to the point you don't know the sight has one. Doesn't this include sights that have the tapped hole for it even though it wasn't attached.

Dang Nate, I've looked that site overe before and never have seen that. I an respect old school but don't like it when old farts can't catch up with the times.

Comment

If you shoot one that qualifies and want to enter it just don't mention the light. Very simple in my book.

Comment

LOL Blake, I wouldnt have seen it either if it hadnt come up at camp a few times and we decided to google it... Those old farts dont know how to make an internet site very navigable

I dont think I will ever get to shoot one that qualifies... but if it does I sure aint gonna lie about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                  Remember this also, it states "no electronic devices attached to the hunting bow". this means also if you take a watch and take the band off and attach it to your bow for knowing the time and not having to wear a watch, this technically makes any P&Y animal you kill, inelgible for entry.
                  Well that's dumb, I don't need a watch anyway. I just look at the sun.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                    If you shoot one that qualifies and want to enter it just don't mention the light. Very simple in my book.
                    Wrong actually, as that would be misrepresentation.

If you want to be in the club, play by the club rules.
                    It's this simple.

Comment

Oh well :rolleyes

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                        Wrong actually, as that would be misrepresentation.

It's this simple.
                        This is correct.

You also can't shoot lighted nocks...

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                          It's this simple.
                          Well it's been a goal of mine for a while, guess I'll have to strip the gear of all electronic devises until it happens. Or just take my light off and carry me an arrow with reg nock.

Comment

I never use my light anyways! A good quality sight doesn't need a light during legal shooting hours

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
                              Well it's been a goal of mine for a while, guess I'll have to strip the gear of all electronic devises until it happens. Or just take my light off and carry me an arrow with reg nock.
                              Mine too.
                              I've always kept my equipment P&Y legal just in case.

Comment

Working...
                              X