Rem 11-87 Rust ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rem 11-87 Rust ?

I'm getting kinda tired of having to take the rust off my 12 ga every week..anybody have any suggestions to avoid this? I feel like I've tried everything...if I wasn't about to drop some serious coin on a new bow set up I'd be buying a different shotgun

On a separate note, it got me a bunch of ducks, geese, and even a couple of sand cranes in Katy TX this weekend.. Fun stuff

What have you tried? I use Rem Oil and have had very good luck with it.

Comment

I've rem oiled and dabbed off, I've rem oiled and wiped off/in, I've rem oiled and left covered in case, rem oiled and left uncovered...now I'm trying doused in rem oil and gun sock combo...tried under bed, in closet case open, case closed

Comment

Don't ever leave a gun inside a foam gun case, opened or not. ANY moisture that's been collected in the foam goes straight to the metal/wood of the gun and will corrode it.

Wipe it down and stand it in the corner...

Comment

I agree tub

Comment

Seems right..I've always done what my grandpaw did, which is in the case, behind doors...never had an issue with my rifles, just my shotgun...ok gonna go with the no case in the corner

Gun sock?

Comment

Originally posted by skylar1926 View Post
              Seems right..I've always done what my grandpaw did, which is in the case, behind doors...never had an issue with my rifles, just my shotgun...ok gonna go with the no case in the corner

Gun sock?
              No gun sock IMO...

Comment

Wool gun sleeve! There cheap at academy. Or just duracoat it. Its easy and super tough. I did my 870 ultra mag because it always had surface rust no matter what

Comment

Rem oil works good

Comment

I would camo dip it and be done with it.

Comment

Working...
                    X