No announcement yet.

Any market for coon hides this winter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't know about now but when I trapped in the 80's, I believe we could only sell hides through the end of January. Correct me if I am wrong but I was thinking that trapping season ran from 1 Dec thru 31 Jan.

Comment

Back in the 80's I was getting 20-25 and sometimes 30 bucks for a coon hide. I quit trapping when a top coon hide was $7.

Comment

Originally posted by acearrow View Post
        Don't know about now but when I trapped in the 80's, I believe we could only sell hides through the end of January. Correct me if I am wrong but I was thinking that trapping season ran from 1 Dec thru 31 Jan.
        x2

Comment

Yep. My dad made a killin in the late 70s/early 80s

This pearl of wisdom brought to you by Tapatalk!

Comment

Dec 1- Mar 31

Comment

How much for one with a 270 hole in it?

Comment

We have a guy trapping on our place right now and caught 5 foxes in a week. He is about to start catching coons. He said that the prices are up right now compared to last year.

Comment

Where can you sell them in the hill country?

Comment

I don't mess with the hides anymore. Big coon skinned brings $12. Lots of folks around here love to eat em. Real good market for squirrels, but I won't cause it unlawful

Comment

$1.29 for 1 dozen eggs and 3 coons we have caught at $3 thats $7.71 in my pockets for what i would throw to the buzzards................ Im all in, any one know who buys skins around San Antonio/Seguin area?

Comment

Working...
                      X