No announcement yet.

6.5 Creedmoor DO NOT BUY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love all the 6.5 rounds I've got a grendel 260 creedmoor and 26 nosler. Creedmoor is stealth and 260 is remington 5r but after putting a trigger in remington which is a no brainer I can't tell you one is better than the other. Love the option on brass for 260 but side by side I can't notice a difference. I'm no professional shooter by any means but have successfully shot a little over 700 with both same day same time and back to back shots. Shooting same bullets in both 140 berger and they both have killed deer just as good as the other. My wife and I both shot axis during the summer shoulder shot on both. Less than 10yd recovery on both. Several wt as well drt. O know guys have pride in there equipment and you have to to be successful but from an average shooter in average hunting situations I couldn't tell you that 6.5 or 260 killed better than the other.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      I am sick as hell of hearing about the 6.5 Creedmore....[emoji51]

.260 and .264 mag have been around forever...this is really nothing new.[emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Preach..

Comment

It's all hair splitting to most of us.

I'm on board with anyone buying a new rifle/caliber...whatever. And I'm sure it's a fantastic round...but it's not the miracle pill it seems to get credit for being.

Comment

Can't we all just get along?

Love my Grendel and HATED seeing the CM. I'd love a CM in the AR platform, but retired so picking my "wants" carefully. Rarely shoot the bolt CM but it's a tack driver as well...just a AR Platform fan....

Oh, 260 does a great job as well...got one....

Comment

Dang ol creed with a vortex on top whoooooeeeeee. So fine you'll leave your old lady. Make it a rpr and you might as well take the week off

Comment

Have a Ruger American in 6.5 cm 22" bbl and just built an AR in 6.5 cm 18" bbl. Both are tack drivers and the wife likes to shoot both. Ruger was $370 and AR build was $1200.

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
                Can't we all just get along?

Love my Grendel and HATED seeing the CM. I'd love a CM in the AR platform, but retired so picking my "wants" carefully. Rarely shoot the bolt CM but it's a tack driver as well...just a AR Platform fan....

Oh, 260 does a great job as well...got one....
                Just got my Grendel upper today.

Comment

Has anyone tried the Remington 700 AAC-SD in 6.5? I was wondering if it handled the 140gr+ match ammo?

Comment

Just got my Grendel upper today.
                    Good for you...I think you will LIKE it!!

Comment

Originally posted by B&C View Post
                      The 260 hasn't been around that long and it's another example of remington being a terrible marketing company. The creed targeted the bench rest guys, set records, and worked with Ruger/Savage to offer bench rest accuracy in cheap rifles with factory ammo. It left the 260 in the dust! It's not the 1st time (probably not the last) they've been forward thinking but failed to capitalize on it!

What the 6.5 CM can do, the 260 Rem can do at faster velocities and longer ranges. The 260 Rem was commercialized in '96 or '97. That's a while. It has set all sorts of shooting records and has insane ballistics.

Remington pee'd all over the 260 not only because of marketing but because of the stupidity of a 1:9" twist barrel and a short chamber prohibiting the longer 140s to be loaded out of the powder column. I'm not discounting the validity of a 6.5 CM, but like Dale Moser said, it isn't the magic pill.

These are pics of entry/exit holes on the same doe using a 120 gr Sierra Pro-Hunter.

Attached Files

Comment

6.5 Creedmoor DO NOT BUY

The bottom lines is that any well constructed bullet weighing over 100grs that leaves the muzzle at over 2800 FPS will kill Texas deer flat out stone dead to 300yds. People want to get on the train and the 6.5CM happens to be the current train.

There is no arguing that a high BC 6.5CM will match the 300 WM from a trajectory standpoint out to 1000 yds but it isn’t carrying the same mail when it gets there. The question is how many folks actually get a chance to shoot that far.

For the guys that think they need a 6.5 CM, go get you one and please post pics because I love rifle ****. They kill good but 99% of guys that buy one will see no benefit over any other popular centerfire cartridge when it actually comes to killing game.

Remington also screwed up the 6mm and then Winchester slipped in with the 243. Same barrel twist the 6mm outshoots the 243 and the 260 outshoots the CM and you have an endless supply of brass.

Comment

Love my 6.5-284

Comment

I am sick as hell of hearing about the 6.5 Creedmore....[emoji51]

.260 and .264 mag have been around forever...this is really nothing new.[emoji1360]

Preach it brother Dale!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

The 260 hasn't been around that long and it's another example of remington being a terrible marketing company. The creed targeted the bench rest guys, set records, and worked with Ruger/Savage to offer bench rest accuracy in cheap rifles with factory ammo. It left the 260 in the dust! It's not the 1st time (probably not the last) they've been forward thinking but failed to capitalize on it!

**** poor marketing by Remington doesn’t make them perform any less than they do.

Comment

If I would have bought my 6.5 Creed 1st, I wouldn't own a 6.5x284. My 6.5x284 is only 90 fps faster (120gr bullets), with 10gr more powder, has significantly more recoil and the accuracy is about the same between my 2 rifles. I'm sure the 284 will widen the gap with heavier bullets but the recoil will increase as well.

You are doing it wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X