Camera Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camera Help

I want to knock two birds out with one stone. My wife wants a nice camera to take pictures with. and I want a camera to video some hunts with. I have done a little research but want some help from the green screen.

1st. a Canon EOS rebel t6 18-55 IS

2nd a Nikon Coolpix B500 16mp with 40x zoom.

Does anyone have either of these? Thoughts, concerns.

Anyone?

Comment

No experience with the Nikon, but the Canon is a good all around camera. The area you might find lacking is the lens. 18-55mm won't exactly bring a distant deer in close. Also, one thing to look at on the Nikon is whether that 40x zoom is a true optical zoom or a digital zoom as the quality on digital zoom suffers a lot.

Comment

Video using a DSLR is a lot more complicated than with a regular video camera, mostly because of the lack of auto-focus with DSLR video. If you are running the camera only while someone else is hunting, then you can maintain focus on a moving animal. But if you're trying to film your own hunt and maintain focus, keep the deer in the frame, draw your bow, make the shot, etc... all at the same time, it's a LOT to keep up with.

Comment

For self filming id go with something like this

Hunting video camera packages to get started filming your hunt. Beginner hunting cameras all the way up to producer professional Sony and Canon cameras. Tree Arms and Gopro cameras for hunting purposes. All camera equipment geared for hunters and outdoorsman. Manfrotto, Audio Technica, Sony alpha, Canon EOS, Sennheiser

or the step of from that the HR R80. Small, good quality video and a good zoom.

Wont take pictures though.

Just my .02 good luck.

Sierracharlie out...

Comment

Thank yall for the input, any other opinions out there?

Comment

For both photography and filming you are gonna be looking at learning a lot about the camera and lenses if you go with a dslr but can be a lots of fun if that's your thing. Unless you leave everything in camera on auto but you'll still find yourself looking at lens functions and buying new ones. And I'll tell ya now that lenses can be far more expensive then the camera cost. But ya do what ya gotta do for the beaut shot.

Comment

Working...
              X