Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was great Thanks!

Comment

Thanks Tmag for helping keep our great history alive. Always look forward to your write ups!

Comment

Tomorrow!

San Jacinto Day Battle Reenactment and Festival

Saturday, April 22, 2017
        La Porte, TX

Booming cannons, cracking musket fire, thundering hooves and battle cries will resound across the San Jacinto Battleground as hundreds of history reenactors recreate the events leading up to Texas winning its independence at the decisive Battle of San Jacinto.

The festival begins with a ceremony commemorating the battle’s anniversary held on the northern steps of the San Jacinto Monument.

Times
        10 AM: Celebration of San Jacinto
        10 AM – 2 PM: Demonstrations of army and civilian life
        3 PM: Re-enactment of Battle and Surrender

http://www.texasarmy.org/events

http://www.sanjacinto-museum.org/Abo...l_Reenactment/

Comment

God bless Texas! As a 3rd grade kid reading this in the History book (in Ohio mind you) it was always so vivid and stuck with me. When I finally got to visit the monument and show my wife it all, it was like those memories came full circle.

Comment

Thank you for the great write up, love reading it every year!

Comment

Texas!

Comment

Thank you Tmag. Your Texas history lessons are a great read.

Comment

Thanks so much Tmag for your love of our Beloved Texas History!! Side note, My father found a cannon ball in the bank of a bayou close to where the final battle occurred. He was a young man on a weekend camp out! It is one of our most cherished artifacts!

Comment

Originally posted by Lee230 View Post
                    Thanks so much Tmag for your love of our Beloved Texas History!! Side note, My father found a cannon ball in the bank of a bayou close to where the final battle occurred. He was a young man on a weekend camp out! It is one of our most cherished artifacts!
                    I have heard several have found old musket and cannon balls out there years ago, newer laws have put a stop to searching with metal detectors and digging holes. I'm sure there are several still there.

Comment

There should be a citizen s test for all these foreigners coming to Texas.
                      They need to understand our history and how we feel about our Great State of Texas.

Comment

ty................

Comment

Working...
                        X