Picked up a new protein feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picked up a new protein feeder

Well it's new to me but a little used. Stole her for $500 and a free fill up. I don't really see how I could have passed that up. Tow mirror hatter's move along

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Nice! 3000#?

Comment

Can't beat that deal!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Comment

AWS free choice? If so that's the best protein feeder money can buy, we have a lot of them at the ranch and they are by far better than the All Season Feeders that you can use as a protein and corn feeder by switching the box out to tubes

Comment

Originally posted by 686 View Post
          Nice! 3000#?
          I'm not sure how much it holds yet. He didn't know.

Comment

stole is right!

Comment

That's a big SOB!

Comment

That's a well built feeder. Heck of a deal!

Comment

It even has a fawn tube on the bottom

Comment

heck of deal

Comment

Does anyone know a ruff formula to figure out the capacity of this feeder. I have dealt with several different brands and styles, but always went off of what the manufacture sold them as. Idk that it really matters, but would be nice to know so can figure out how much the deer are eating. Took care of the free fill up yesterday evening and will have it sitting at the lease in the morning.

Comment

That looks like a 2000lber. I believe protein is around 41lb/ cubic foot. So take the volume (multiply the length×width×height) and multiply that number by 41 to get how much it holds. (For the bottom cone, measure height like you would if it were a box then divide that volume by 2 since it is like an upside down pyramid). I hope this makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by TXhoghunter94 View Post
                          That looks like a 2000lber. I believe protein is around 41lb/ cubic foot. So take the volume (multiply the length×width×height) and multiply that number by 41 to get how much it holds. (For the bottom cone, measure height like you would if it were a box then divide that volume by 2 since it is like an upside down pyramid). I hope this makes sense.

makes perfect sense i'll give it a try

Comment

I just figure out what the cubic footage is and convert that to gallons, then multiply by 5.5#.

Comment

Well we got her in place this past weekend and it was a pain, I realize I had a free fill up but I will not be trying to unload a full feeder in the future. Way to top heavy. Probably would have helped if i would have been able to haul equipment, but that just wasn't a possibility on this trip.

Comment

Working...
                              X