THE Official Twin Buttes Reservoir Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JDVerfurth View Post
    My personal favorite are the walkers in old army greens carrying a shotgun and smoking a cigarette... hahaha... especially when you're up in a tree and they never even see you... I guess we will see how much TWPD taking over TBR has changed that situation this weekend... being first weekend of general season... Hahahaha... I'll try to get pictures of walkers if I have anyone come close...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Haha yup I think old buxndux had that guy walk up on him and get startled and point that shotty at him.

Comment

That'll work

Comment

Originally posted by JDVerfurth View Post

That'll work

Heck yeah!

Comment

Thanks MJ and JD, I'll check out those units sometime and see if I can't find me a tree to sit in.

JD that is a nice buck man! Congrats!!

Last edited by TexasRangerFan7; 11-01-2016, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Nice buck JD!! Congrats!!

Comment

Just curious if anyone has see the game warden......I thought they were going to put a stop to all the people entering without the aph permit. There is a constant flow of non hunters entering area 3. The parking area is like party central.

Comment

THE Official Twin Buttes Reservoir Thread

I don't think they could legally tell people they can't go on the property.... based on the fact they don't possess an AHP... you know cause some people go out there to just drive around and not engage in hunting activities... In my backwards way of thinking...I don't think people should have to have an AHP to hunt out there to begin with... it's just a waste of money....a form of "taxation" for people who do want to hunt... I've hunted TBH since I was a kid... why do we need to **** away money on a pointless permit?... It's obvious people are still out there doing what they want... what did you "special permit" actually go towards? Did you need to **** away the money? Hahaha... I can/will soapbox this issue till I'm old and senile... but if people coming in and out and it's effecting your hunting stand/feeder/set-up... you might wanna reconsider location and actually try to get way off in the sticks...
                Get back on the island with us... lots of good deer for everyone!

Comment

Great shot placement!

Comment

Hi guys thanks for allowing me on this forum my name is Javier from Houston. I was at tbr this weekend and it was great all the people there are very nice and very helpful so thank you guys for that. We where out looking for turkey buy we wheren't able to find them we heard some gobbling in sec 4 but never saw any. We are planning to go back in a week or too can someone point is in the right direction maybe what unit you guys have seen any turkey that would be very helpful thanks.

Comment

Anyone got any recommendations of some good local restaurants to get some grub from after a morning or evening hunt?

So far I've been just sticking to the fast food joints off of 67.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasRangerFan7 View Post
                        Anyone got any recommendations of some good local restaurants to get some grub from after a morning or evening hunt?

So far I've been just sticking to the fast food joints off of 67.

Depends on what you are looking for. Los Panchitos or Paisanos on chadbourne is good Mexican food. Outback has good steak. Zero One Alehouse on Beauregard is good and good beer, Stango's has great pizza downtown on Chadbourne between Concho and Twohig. Twisted Root has good burgers and beer on Chadbourne by the river. The are others let me know and I will pm you my number. Will be easier to tell over the phone

Comment

Originally posted by Javi View Post
                          Hi guys thanks for allowing me on this forum my name is Javier from Houston. I was at tbr this weekend and it was great all the people there are very nice and very helpful so thank you guys for that. We where out looking for turkey buy we wheren't able to find them we heard some gobbling in sec 4 but never saw any. We are planning to go back in a week or too can someone point is in the right direction maybe what unit you guys have seen any turkey that would be very helpful thanks.

Not TBR but I have seen a lot at the state park. Same APH required to hunt there but you do have to sign up at South Gate prior to going in the first time. They do have certain dates though. I think it's closed to walk in right now for gun hunts but opens back up Nov 19-27. I was over run with turkey last year in the back of area 6 and saw quite a few in area 2. Greedy birds would clean my corn before deer could come out. Not sure about the state park this year as I've been mostly at TBR area 8 for deer but haven't seen turkey there yet.

Comment

Thanks mjjust I'm planning to be back there on the 19th I'll make sure and try that area thanks again

Comment

I've been hunting in 8 and the neighbors are grubbing brush. Looks like a high fence is about to go up.

Comment

Originally posted by PapaBear View Post
                                Depends on what you are looking for. Los Panchitos or Paisanos on chadbourne is good Mexican food. Outback has good steak. Zero One Alehouse on Beauregard is good and good beer, Stango's has great pizza downtown on Chadbourne between Concho and Twohig. Twisted Root has good burgers and beer on Chadbourne by the river. The are others let me know and I will pm you my number. Will be easier to tell over the phone

Thanks Papabear for these suggestions! Next time I'm in town I think I'll try out the Zero One Alehouse and Stango's.

Comment

Working...
                                X