This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
    First scrimmage today for Frogs. Hoping the O-line is not a complete sieve....
    I am cautiously optimistic about the O line for the Frogs.

Comment

CBS way-way-way-early bowl projections.

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy D View Post
        Right... some teams that made me scratch my head were TAMU and UCLA. Tends to be a fairly large gap between perception and reality with those 2 programs, and there is really nothing in recent memory that justifies "WHY" we inflate them every pre-season.
        Inflate them for early season matchups. Make the teams that beat them look better to the casual observer.

Comment

Geaux Tigahs!

Comment

I know it doesn't mean much.....but CBS seems to have Texas at 10-2 or 11-1.

As I have said, no excuses. It's time to win in Austin.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post

And, you thought I was crazy for predicting 10-2.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                And, you thought I was crazy for predicting 10-2.
                Me?

I said 9-3 or 10-2.

Broke it down game by game.

Comment

2018 CFB Fall Camp Thread

Don’t look past Maryland! Win that game and maybe a run is possible. Schedule looks favorable with so many unproven QB’s on the schedule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by Pin Oak DXT; 08-10-2018, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
                    Don’t look past Maryland! Win that game and maybe a run is possible. Schedule looks favorable with so many unproven QB’s on the schedule.

True. Going into "Year 2" is when the real buy-in takes place, the kids that were still stuck in the Charlie ways are gone and I have a feeling it's going to be a significantly different product on the field this season.

The Maryland game seemed like a complete anomaly last year. The team didn't play like that the rest of the year on defense. Only 2 teams scored more than 28 points on the Texas D during regulation last year and that was the big one.
                    Last edited by Chad C; 08-10-2018, 12:55 PM.

Comment

This. I'm not buying in until I see an O-line that can actually run block and pass protect. Until I see that, they are just a 7-6 team.

Comment

Originally posted by Rush2Judge View Post
                        This. I'm not buying in until I see an O-line that can actually run block and pass protect. Until I see that, they are just a 7-6 team.
                        Im with you on that. Sure would be nice to see the QB be able to drop back without having to run for his life. Keep hearing how they are going to be a much better team but not holding my breath until I see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rush2Judge View Post
                          BoB will be on suicide watch. This cannot continue.

No way will they be NO BETTER than last year and they lost several games at the wire. They have to improve or I will personally run CTH out of town on a rail.

Comment

First two sentences are true. As with any team they could be 6-0 or 1-5 after 6.

Losses to Maryland, USC, TCU, KSU and OU are easily possible. Surely not Maryland again. Ugh.

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy D View Post
                              That's... not really the point. Their data isn't about "goals" or "steps." Their data is tracking perception vs. reality, right?
                              Is the cupboard half full or half empty?

Perception is always going to favor an optimistic view. If not, you probably need to find a new sport to follow. The reality is, National Championships are scarce unless you're "5 of last 9" Alabama.

Goals and steps toward national titles are what drives perception.

When reality does not live up to perception, coaching changes happen. That's why the Longhorns and Aggies are both being led by new regimes.

Comment

No way will they be NO BETTER than last year and they lost several games at the wire. They have to improve or I will personally run CTH out of town on a rail.
                                I hope you're right.

My biggest fear is that inexplicable loss to the team you should beat. The 2005 NC team was down 28 to 12 at halftime to Ok State before they found their rhythm. I see this as one of those stepping stone years where you just can't afford any mistakes.

At the end of the first 6 games, we should know exactly what we have.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-08-10 at 2.36.26 PM copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	24548126

There's a lot of teams on that list that will not roll over and go quietly.

Comment

Working...
                                X