No announcement yet.

Deer camp fire pits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd rent a 80lb jackhammer and carve one out of the rock. I hate elevated fire pits, you freeze from the knees down when it's cold.

Comment

We use an old 36” tractor wheel. Works great.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by splitfinger View Post
        I bought this one from a TBH'er a couple of years ago and don't use it much at all. It is 4' dia. and can build a great fire. If you are interested, I would let it go for $350.00. I'm in Jasper.

Doug
        I appreciate the offer Doug, but I'm trying to get away from things that rust and use the rocks that are on the property.

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        I'd rent a 80lb jackhammer and carve one out of the rock. I hate elevated fire pits, you freeze from the knees down when it's cold.
        Another big reason I'm getting away from the steel pits we have out there. Its going to be ground level or lower.

Comment

It’s hard to tell from the pic but we dug a hole and stacked rocks around it. A agree with the guys about the elevated fire pits...I like to sit by it with a stiff drink and warm my feet up. We have to replace rocks every few trips due to the heat of the mesquite fire cracking them. We were frying oysters it the pot!!! Do it every trip now...

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Rocks in a circle.
              May enlarge it some this year due to a few more people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Some of you boys are slow learners....

Comment

If we were to build a permanent pit would Portland cement work or would the heat cause it to crack?

Comment

A few good ideas here. Tagging for later.

Comment

Basic

Big ole tractor tire rim. We need to weld some bar stock around it for a boot rail. Heats up really good.
                      Attached Files

Comment

This works pretty good for my porch
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	40EA5060-0416-4F0F-87AD-A235391452B2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	24548082

Comment

80# bags portland cement, All Thread Rod or Rebar, Water Hose or WAIT for Rain!
                          Attached Files

Comment

Deer camp fire pits

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                            Some of you boys are slow learners....

Yeah but they mean well. I still think I'm going to stick with rocks, firebricks and mortar versus steel fire pits[emoji3]

Something Like this:

Keep the ideas a coming!
                            Last edited by Stolle; 08-10-2018, 10:34 AM.

Comment

The cement bag ones I like . I have a bunch of rock that came with the house I live in . the are shoe box size and i plan to slowly take them out there to build a pit I have some steel for a rack . Will post pics when I am done got a few ideas from this thread for sure

Comment

This is the only one I could find of the one at the ranch amigo...just making note of the metal ring we use. It's actually part of a caliche grinder. Over an inch thick and narrows from about 5ft diameter down like a funnel to about 2ft & stands 4 feet high. Little overkill but won't rust out in my lifetime.

I'll get the one in the back yard for ya in a bit...
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Artos; 08-10-2018, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X